Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw something today that just made me shake my head. Not sure if any of you have heard, but the Apple/Android game app called Flappy Bird was taken off the market today due to Nintendo suing the creator for copyright infringement. Today I have seen an influx of eBay auctions and craigslist postings for iPhone's and Android phones with this app installed.

Crazy thing is, people are asking THOUSANDS of dollars!!! Don't believe me, just check out eBay and search for iphone flappy bird. Over 7000 listings and the majority of them are starting at $1000 or more! There are even some starting, STARTING at $50,000 or more. Unbelievable! LOL!

Now, if you look at the completed listings, the majority of them haven't sold (big shock, I know), but there are a few that have sold for $1000, $5000, and I even saw one that sold for $10,100.

So, anyone want to buy my 16gig iPhone 5 with Flappy Bird already installed? Only a mear $25,000. Gotta start my son's college fund some how! LOL.

Ok, enough of me venting...

PS: My phone is not actually for sale... :D
PPS: Notice I was being practical about the money, not saying I was going to throw it into my display (even though I probably would, LOL)?

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
holy cow i watched a video on facebook tonight of a flappy bird tutorial..... the guy smashes his phone the second he hits a pipe and people in the comments were going on about "sell it on ebay for thousands now" and i was wondering what they were talking about! thats kind of funny. anyways the video was hilarious. but i ruined the punch line... heres the link anyways i guess if anyone wants to watch it lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=668708846510922

obviously have to have facebook to watch it and im too lazy to look for it on youtube... but it made me laugh pretty good. i saw it coming but it was still funny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts