Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help figuring out the wording on the invitations for my Halloween party this year. I decided that I want to do some kind of a "voodoo" theme, but I am not sure what to do for my invitations. You guys are so creative and have the BEST ideas, so I figured I would start my search here. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Why not make little voodoo dolls and have the invite pined to it or have a noose around it's neck eith the invite hanging from it. Or do something with a shrunken head.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Have the invite on parchment paper & written in invisible ink.
Include a notation.... to read this spirited note, you need to do the following to make it appear.

Doing a search on Voodoo might stir some inspiration. Dollar stores have baby dolls, glass bottles, etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are some great ideas! thanks! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I, too, am doing a 'voodoo/bayou/black magic' theme....I sent out save-the-dates with the name of the party and the date pinned to it's heart.
(Great minds think alike, pdcollins6092!) ;)
Got my inspiration from a very talented person named MROCK12079.
He has a great thread on here. My actual invitation will be a short video, I hope to post if its decent...it'll be my first time (with video, that is :D )
Here's my save the dates ::eek: (they are refridgerator magnets)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot, I had checked out some voodoo websites and alot of them had spells/curses
that maybe you could grab some wording from. Not sure if you checked out the Bloody Bayou thread
that Moocheex55 has going....it's full of great information and wonderful ideas.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I, too, am doing a 'voodoo/bayou/black magic' theme....I sent out save-the-dates with the name of the party and the date pinned to it's heart.
(Great minds think alike, pdcollins6092!) ;)
Got my inspiration from a very talented person named MROCK12079.
He has a great thread on here. My actual invitation will be a short video, I hope to post if its decent...it'll be my first time (with video, that is :D )
Here's my save the dates ::eek: (they are refridgerator magnets)
Yeah,like that...LOL:)

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Try looking for art of a skull necklass for the cover of the invite like a witch doctor wears. Then inside write that you are putting a spell on them to come to your party.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those voodoo dolls are so cool! Also, I really like the idea of using the spells in the invitations. Thanks for all the ideas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts