Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm really struggling ideas for my invites this year! I LOVE all the ideas for invites on this site, but need something that can be cheaply posted.
I like the idea of the toe tags but what way does that work as an invite? Like what info do u put on them?

I also really like the idea of a ransom note, I love the one on this site thats a fairy tale one (can't post the url as not enough posts!)
But don't really want a full fairy tale theme. I don't really have a theme for the party as I like everyone to just come in different costumes. Do u think it would still be ok to use this invite even though it's not a fairy tale theme? The only bit that would probably need changin is Mother goose as the hostage?

Any other ideas for a halloween ransom invite?

I'll be grateful for any help :)
Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I would go with the toe tag invites.
Mainly because they are untraditional & not generally associated with party invites. Also, you can buy them in bulk at Evil-Mart or office supply stores cheaply. Could build an entire party theme around the toe tags:

Mad Dr or Scientist
Morgue
Crime scene
Asylum
Jack the Ripper
Space Invasion (alien bodies or parts)

Write the party information on the tag, complete with string. Ask guests to not only use the tag for a reminder but, to wear as part of their costume. If they have trouble remembering the party info, suggest tying it to a finger. lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
We did an invite a few years ago and it was a writ of execution. It was on gray, marble looking paper and it used a lot of old world wording but basically said something along the lines of:
You have been convicted of crimes of consorting with the devil & of witchcraft. You are to report to the dungeon (your address) and this time (start of party) to be executed.

We personalized each one and told them they would be served their last meal and they could bring spirits to numb the mind, hereby lessening the pain. We used a little clip art (ie. creepy skulls) on it and we rolled them up and tied it with red ribbon. It really freaked some of our guests out. Went over really well and was the cheapest one we have done yet.

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I got this from one of the older threads here:

Dearest Friend,

It is with the greatest urgency that I write to you in these most dire times. A short while ago, I was lured into an abandoned crypt by the sweet enchantments of tiny arachnids. Mesmerized by the spinning silk, I ventured deep into the tomb unaware that the threshold to this gloomy chamber had been sealed up by the smooth threads of these seemingly harmless creatures. I trust that this letter reaches you posthaste because the spiders are proliferating in size and number! Friend, I implore you to come to my rescue! The location of this unassuming lair is ______. Search for the giant web, covering the threshold. I’m afraid that this is an infestation! Please rescue me from this nightmare. By my calculation, I’ll be as good as spider’s milk by Saturday, October ________! You must disguise yourself, for these monsters don’t seem to bother the spirits and ghouls, but they love human flesh!

Hurry!

You could change this up to something other than spiders if you need to, or just decorate your entry door with webs!

·
Registered
68 Posts
This past year we ended up finding pretty decent tombstones at the dollar store. Bought up about 10 of them, wrote on each one with a silver sharpie that was personal to whomever was receiving it (like those yard tombstones people use) and then taped on the back the information about the party. We also included a cheap shot glass and wrapped it all up with tissue paper and put in one of those cheap goodie bags from the dollar store. Went over pretty well.

This year we are still thinking about it, probably going to do blood bags if we can find the right vendor for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts