Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting started on my 2009 invitations and could use some feedback/advice. I am doing a music CD. I guess you can mail the thin jewel cases with a label on them.

Here are the songs I have, I wanted songs everyone would recognize:
Thriller - Michael Jackson
Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
Monster Mash - Bobby Pickett
Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
I Put A Spell On You - Screamin Jay Hawkins
The Addams Family -
Munsters Theme - Comateens
This is Halloween (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Witchy Women - Eagles
Beetle juice Theme - Danny Elfman

I could use help on ideas for the insert as I will be using it as the invitation. The front wont have much info since anyone will be able to read it going through the mail. The inside will contain all the info.

Any ideas?

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Thats A great idea you are doing a Music CD invite. I have also seen CD invites that open like movie trailers only a sneak peek into what you are to expect at the party. The last one I saw looked sort of like a Blair Witch trailer only with the people actually throwing the party. Thats another way to go. Your idea however leaves then with a great music CD to enjoy for the entire month and get in the mood for the big day. I like your idea. You could...with the insert....make a story line on what they are to expect. Or make up a great haunted Story and leave them hanging. They have to come to the party to find out the outcome:) Good luck with this and post the final product please. I would love to see it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terra, I love the pumpkin. It gives a party feel. I don't think I am creative enough to come up with a story line. I think i'll keep it simple but try to come up with something more creative than bullet points. Maybe a graveyard full of tombstones. Each saying things like "Grab bags", "Door prize", "Tons of food", etc.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what I came up with as the CD label. I used the graphic someone shared as a coaster. Still working on the insert/invite.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
OOOh I love that CD Cover. That looks fabulous:) You should definately go with that:)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I love what you have so far, it's a great idea! MHooch has a great idea too, nothing like a shreek of terror after Thriller ^_^ Don't forget to add the Halloween theme song!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MHooch, I had not thought of sound effects. That is a great idea!

Halloweenrocks08, I do not have a cohesive theme. This is my second year throwing a party so it's a bit of a mix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts