Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!
Last year I made the Monster Mud Reaper from the tutorials section. It has been safely tucked away in a back corner of the shed since the fall. I checked it out last week after noticing the wasps crawling about on it, and there was a nest of vicious wasps inside, about in the middle. I sprayed some wasp killer chemicals down through a hole in the chicken wire, but to my dismay they are still alive and kickin.
Any suggestions for how to get rid of them? :confused:The whole reaper is sealed up, i'd prefer not to have to dismantle it to get take the nest out, but if that's the only way to get rid of them I guess I will have to..

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Could you wrap the entire MM Reaper in plastic, then spray the poison?
(trying to make it as airtight as possible, of course)

Plastic to be removed when you're ready to display your Reaper...

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion UglyJoe!
Do you think I could use something like seran wrap or some other type of plastic that is thicker and more durable?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, a bug bomb does sound like the ticket. If you can prop it - without getting stung in the processes - so that it sprays into the reaper, then throw a plastic sheet over the reaper, that'll get them...unless they're zombie wasps, in which case keep them as they'll enhance the prop's effect.

Be sure to vent out the garage well when done, and seal any openings in the reaper to prevent a repeated experience.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I say leave the wasps. Who's not afraid of wasps?

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, thanks for the suggestions. This year's haunt will include a chase given by live wasps!
Although, not all zombies are slow- 28 weeks/days later!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I say leave 'em alone...
Wasps were put on this earth for a purpose...
Entertainment value.
I was with one of my engineers once when a wasp flew inside his overalls. Turned that big fat guy into John Travolta inside 2 seconds flat...:) Another guy who was with us started batting at him with a rolled up newspaper, which of couse, just got Mr Waspy even more p*ssed..What I wouldn't have given for a cameraphone back then...

They are also only about an inch or so long, yet you can see them from a good way off...
Watch any group of people having a picnic..when they start running in circles with arms windmilling all over the place, you just know that one of the [email protected] little fellas has invited himself to lunch...

Amazing creatures...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts