Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Thanks to all the great information here, I finally finished my first real prop, a Flying Crank Ghost. Her name is Scarlett (due to the large, unintentional, scar over her left eye). I'm really happy with how she turned out, but I still want to adjust her arm movement a little. I followed the tutorial on kickthefog.com for most of this build. Please let me know what you think of her.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey Belly,

I think she looks really good, I wouldn't worry about the arm movement, looks good to me. Nice and creepy!

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
Looks great,wiper motor or rotisserie?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
The motor is from Monster Guts. It's their replacement for the recommended Dayton gear motor that was discontinued.

·
Registered
638 Posts
im liking it, just made a FCG mechanism out of kinex to show my inlaws what I was talking about...now I just have to make the real thing. Turned out really nice!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
looks good..............i think th movement is fine ......but I hear ya ..........when I made mine I must have tried 20 diff lengths in the string.....good job though

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
I think she turned out great! Wouldn't change a thing.

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
my first animated prop was an fcg as well. very fun prop to make.

ifyou want to fix the arm movement you'll need longer lines to the arms. get it to where the head is in the lowest position and the arm you are working on in the highest position at the same time. make the line where it's just a little longer than enough to make the shoulder not rise. i had my fishing line connected to the hand first, the head lowered, and pull the line up to the crank spindle (where all the lines attach). this way i could raise and lower it. left some extra to tie a knot, and cut it and tied it.

also, easy way to tell what position the crank should be in, when the crank points exactly opposite of the pulley of the arm you are working on. that's the arms highest position. like if the pulley was 6 on a clock the crank would point to 12. make sense?

hope this helps, i had the same problem.

also, great job done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts