Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
I was assaulted by 3 neighbor kids one day, 4, 6, and 9. They were all amazed at the projects I had and wanted detailed explanations of all. The 4 yo was easy enough to keep distracted. The 6 yo had a thousand ideas on how to add blood to everything. The 9 yo had a glimmer in his eye and wanted to be my assistant. My work slowed to a snails pace as I had to explain everything, keep them from touching the knife and hot glue gun, and keep their hands out of my spare parts bin.

I cut up some pool noodle and gave them each a piece to mess with, but that didn't last long. Eventually I kicked them out of the garage and had them play in the front yard. My wife watched from the house door with a slight smirk, as I gave her the "get these kids outa here" look.

My 6 yo daughter only bothers me once in a while, she is still sort of intimidated by the props.

Even though it is completely frustrating to be interrupted, your daughter probably enjoys being "Mommies Little Helper".

With my daughter, if there is a catastrophe caused by her, we sit and look at it then talk about a way to fix it. She is usually the one that comes up with an idea - and even though it might not work, I kiss and thank her for helping me fix it then get her attention on something else. Yea, I'm set back in time, money, and effort, but my daughter walks away feeling good about helping dad, and that's worth more than anything. :)

· Registered
576 Posts
Wonderful read there, TK421. I lived that with you. :) My then-5 year old once figured out a mechanical dilemma I had with a Chirstmas prop last year - the little darling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.