Halloween Forum banner

interruptions and aggravations

1644 Views 19 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Johnson724
I am having one of those days. I decided to get out there this morning to work on the 2nd cemetery column. Just as I get the dremel out, start sanding on the column, my 6yr old comes outside and says mommy I want a halloween project to do.. OK I tell her to go change and get some old clothes on. 2 minutes later, I can't find old clothes. OK so I have to stop yet again, and go help find old clothes.

I get her to painting on my brand new tombstone project. I look over and she has paint 1/2 inch thick on it.. (I keep my mouth shut and shake my head). Mommy I am out of paint, jeez I just got started once again. OK lets stop and get more paint.. She has enough on the top for two coats on the whole thing..

Finally I get her settled and I get into the grove of sanding and removing styrofoam (this is where I am going to have the brick work), OK now it is time to flip this baby onto its side. Check, done. Dang now I need to move it closer to the tools, oh and the outdoor fan. Look around honey is cutting tree limbs, hate to bother him. I'll ask my 6yr old, I mean this thing is styrofoam and it isn't heavy.

She comes over and grabs the bottom, I have the top and we move it, Just as I am telling her gently sit her end down...BAM, she drops her end..I sit my end down and walk over.. Yep it has about 4 sections that have come unglued and another couple of sections that have some cracks... My husband comes over and says honey is there anything I can help you do.. My daughter is apologizing. I am hot, tired, and cranky. All I can do is go inside and cool off.

This little incident just set me back about 4 bucks for more liquid nails, which I have to drive 30 minute to town to purchase . Another hour to repair the cracks, and loose boards. Then more sanding, to even out those areas. Then start back right where I was.. AARRGGGHHH.

So that's where you guys come in, only you would know what and how this feels... FRUSTRATING.

Does anyone else have a bad day story like this.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
These are great stories. I only have four legged children myself. I do remember my mom telling me more than once she was gonna change her name to something other than mom so I must have been one of those helpful children.

· Registered
108 Posts
I love these stories.

I only have four legged children myself. I do remember my mom threatening to change her name from mom to anything else so my brother and I must have been "helpful" children too. I love being around my friends kids, but I get to give them back when I am tired. =)

My dad however had to have help with everything. He always wanted my mom to stand around and watch him fix or work on anything he was doing. I ended up doing the watching quite often since my mom had other things to do, like clean house, laundry and fix meals. I did learn quite a bit about how not to do things from my dad. If my mom said the problem with the car was the gas filter, my dad would fix about ten things before he would fix the gas filter.

My mom is the one who actually taught me to cook, bake and to use power tools. Whenever my dad was away (in was in the service) that's when my mom would fix everything he had been working on. I had the only mom who bought dad a drill so she could use it herself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.