Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a house that went into foreclosure and are turning it into a permanant seasonal haunted house. I am wondering if and what kind of insurance to put on the house. The house does not have a mrtgage so home owner's insurance is not mandatory. We are concerned if some one was to fall or get hurt or god forbid have a heart attack. We live in Florida and there are alot of elderly people who come thru. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You definately want to get insurance of some kind. If something happens, fire, flood etc or someone gets hurt you need to have insurance. The property is still worth the same money whether there is a mortgage or not. An insurance agent can tell you the cost for insurance and maybe able to tell you if you need special insurance as well.

As mospeed1 said, check with the city for the local code. If they allow it as a permanant haunt you could need a sprinkler system in case of fire, emergency exits etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
permit

I just checked to make sure and found out that no permit is required. They said since it is my own private property and i am not charging admission (running a business) then nothing special is required. We are going to install fire sprinklers, cameras and fire alarms just to err on the side of caution. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If my lotto numbers would just come up already!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts