Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Mistress of Mayhem
Discussion Starter #1
So I fell in love with ScaryGarry's flying demon and decided I would try my hand at it. The process of modifying the skelly I used for this project took forever, but I had to dislocate his shoulder, forearm, and wrist in order to accomplish the look I wanted. Oh, and I had to remove his "bottom half".

We went with cardboard wings (each 36 inches wide), covered by my wonderful assistant (my daughter) with some fabric I got yesterday. The wings can be removed to make storage a non-issue. I gave him some BIG green LED eyes. I like Garry's horns, but haven't decided if I will give my guy some or not.

Just need to order a motor and rig him up. His wings don't move like Garry's - they are bolted to his spinal cord. But his arms float up and down like the famous FCG.

I am really excited, and hope Garry doesn't get mad at me. ;)

You can see some pictures (not in the correct order ha ha ha) of the project so far here: My Flying Demon Project

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Nice and creepy!

He looks like a heavy guy, tho. Hope your motor is a good strong one! :)

Mistress of Mayhem
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - but the more I look at ScaryGarry's - the more I wish I could have done better with my guy. His is absolutely awesome. I keep watching the video over and over. LOL Glutton for punishment.

Nice and creepy!

He looks like a heavy guy, tho. Hope your motor is a good strong one! :)

Registered

I am really excited, and hope Garry doesn't get mad at me. ;)

are you kidding me ? i'm honored :D and your prop is looking great !
i wish i still had mine up , but i needed the room to work on the 3 projects i have going now LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts