Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and another guy are doing an insane asylum/mental hospital scene. We are thinking about making padded walls but we're not sure how to go about this. Do you guys have any insight on this? Any ideas how we should decorate the room?

·
black light queen
2,636 Posts
i'm thinking for padded walls using upholstery foam covered with a cloth of your choosing ... then using buttons or something like that, that you'd press onto the outer surface and using something larger behind it that wouldn't press into the foam as much ... so that from the front it looks like ... well a padded room

hope my explanation was clear enough and you get the idea

now, maybe someone else has a better idea, or has done a padded room b4 and has some better insight than me

amk

·
Registered
668 Posts
i'm thinking for padded walls using upholstery foam covered with a cloth of your choosing ... then using buttons or something like that, that you'd press onto the outer surface and using something larger behind it that wouldn't press into the foam as much ... so that from the front it looks like ... well a padded room

hope my explanation was clear enough and you get the idea

now, maybe someone else has a better idea, or has done a padded room b4 and has some better insight than me

amk
To add to this, for making the walls rigid, peg board on 2x2 frames. Attach the padding to this. Can even pass the buttons through holes in the peg board for holding it to the frames.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts