Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually using this idea for my 16th birthday, doubled as a halloween party.
I plan on having people over on Saturday night, and having my house set up as an insane asylum. Later we're going to drive down to Pennhurst Asylum.

All lights in the house will be shut off, except a couple that will probably have a red filter over them.

Foyer- Reception area. A desk will be set up, with a skeleton sitting in a chair behind it. I also plan on setting up a filing cabinet, with a couple drawers half opened and overflowing.

Kitchen- Food will be set up in one half, in the other half I plan on temporarily taking all the mattresses in the house and using them to block the kitchen windows and represent a padded room.

Hallway- NEED IDEAS. I was thinking possibly covering the walls with pictures of real asylum patients, but I'm not so sure.

Dining room- Morgue. Lay a fake body on the table and cover it with a sheet and have it's arm kind of hanging off the table.

Living room- NEED IDEAS

Basement- Hospital. NEED IDEAS.

Basement storage room- Crematory. Keep this door closed, with a strobe light and fog machine behind it to leak through the cracks.

Upstairs would not be decorated, most likely going to be blocked off.

Cobwebs will be spread around and a fog machine will be set up, probably in the living room.

:D If anyone has ideas, that would be great! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
pictures of asylum doctors is good to have, kinda sets the mood. basement maybe make some pvc bars/cells with leg chains.maybe a display lobotomy tools with a skull with hole from a trafin tool(sp). maybe rig up something to look like shock treatment device.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I like the idea of the pictures in the hall. Doctors or patients (or both) would look great. Any kind of lab stuff you can find to set out on a table. I found these black bags that were used to hold pop up tents and just painted "city morgue" on them. You could easily use black trash bags and stuff them to let them just hang down. These are pictures from my morgue.

101_0505.jpg 101_0506.jpg 101_0508.jpg

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
For my oddities room last year I made these...researching I found a report on the hospital (just look up the hospital name on my label), it reported how many patients would be stored in copper cans after cremation because no one would come and claim them. It said that walls would be lined with shelves and hundreds if not thousands of copper cans. It's so sad but it might be kind of creepy. You can also copy or make some diplomas or awards to hang in your hallway. There are some great tutorials for distressed walls using contact paper from dollar tree to make it look like the plaster has chipped away. You could turn your living room room into a patients room with beds (instead of couches) covered in soiled/stained linens...you could even cover a wall with craft paper or anything cheap and make it look like someone kept writing the same thing over and over all over it (something random just repeated over and over in different sized text like your losing your mind), maybe even have a doll or teddy bear with its eyes dug out.

You could also add a wheelchair to the hallway with someone sitting in it head hung down and maybe even have their arms and legs strapped down. Here's a link to a pic of my can

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/pumpkinpie-albums-2012-cirque-du-carnevil-picture124778-557412-3591669431439-403540032-n.html

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts