Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
ok, sorry I keep hogging the thread but I get so excited!
Got the bars made for the windows. the 2 bigger ones go on the front windows and the small one is going in the bathroom...can't have anyone escaping.... 001.jpg 002.jpg

and this one just cause I thinks it's funny.......I'm so out of room!!!! 004.jpg 005.jpg

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Great work on your bars for the windows, OMM. What did you make them out of? I've got similar bars on my carnival ticket booth made out of thin PVC but I'm afraid the paint might not stick to them when I try to turn them black.

LOL - you keeping the family outside under tarps these days?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone Frogkid!

Yep, it's just PVC and Styrofoam. I just spray painted them.

I'm think I'm going to wear the old nurse uniform. Long black skirt, long sleeve shirt with the big white cuffs and a long white apron. I have a long chain and some old keys...I need one of those long whistles. If I can't find what I want, I have a regular nurse's dress. Dirty it up add a few blood smears...

Maybe you could have a name badge...tatter up the suit a little. You could take a picture of yourself with the suit on and frame it with your Title. Hand somewhere where everyone will see it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Marigold, some ideas:
1) go to a thrift shop and get a vintage 60s suit. You'd still be a woman in a suit, but you'd be JACKIE KENNEDY cool. Carry a clipboard. Look up asylum admissions to find some interesting lists of why people were committed. You can duplicate it or get a fountain pen (or cut one from a goose quill) and write your own list to carry.
2) Go with a vintage nurse look. And have some large keys on a ring at your waist.
3) Lunch lady dress with a white apron: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/if_you_knew/images/tb-ray.jpg has an example.It's more of an assistant than an administrator.
4) Go as a nun, like American Horror Story Asylum.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The big one, and small one will just wedge into the window. The middle one will have to be taped to the outside. I get really good double sided tape from work and it should hold it

·
Registered
381 Posts
Found this great suit today 1960's Robert Leonard made in Lowell MA for Neiman Marcus - fits great...(alittle big) but good for a costume! Going for the Admin look! Thank you all for your suggestions $14.99 IMG_20140825_175737502.jpg

Marigold, some ideas:
1) go to a thrift shop and get a vintage 60s suit. You'd still be a woman in a suit, but you'd be JACKIE KENNEDY cool. Carry a clipboard. Look up asylum admissions to find some interesting lists of why people were committed. You can duplicate it or get a fountain pen (or cut one from a goose quill) and write your own list to carry.
2) Go with a vintage nurse look. And have some large keys on a ring at your waist.
3) Lunch lady dress with a white apron: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/if_you_knew/images/tb-ray.jpg has an example.It's more of an assistant than an administrator.
4) Go as a nun, like American Horror Story Asylum.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Order a name tag like an administrator would wear. You can have it customized with the name of your asylum, your name and title. Even a little logo for the asylum would be great and give an immediate connection to you character.

I think a pair of DT reading glasses hanging on a chain around your neck would be a good touch!

61 - 80 of 145 Posts