Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My hubby is complaining about the two fortune teller props underway. He says they bother him because it feels like someone is staring at him. LOL. I told him to watch out of they will put a curse on him.
Love it! :D

By the way, I'm seriously considering a fortune teller theme for 2015 and have been a pinning machine lately. (we're sick aren't we?!) Here's the link in case there are some things there that you haven't already thought of. :)

http://www.pinterest.com/kmb12357/halloween-theme-fortune-tellertarotastrology/

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Same here…it sucks! I'd give anything if he'd help out with stuff, or at minimum at least not complain about my messes…I mean, doesn't everyone have a big box of urine specimen cups next to their loafers in the middle of July?! The thing that really gets me is how he complains about everything up until the night of the party and Halloween night at which point he's front and center to accept all the oooh's and ahhhhh's and compliments. :rolleyes:

I looked at my receipt to see why mine arrived so quickly and I paid for expedited shipping! Guess that will teach me to do online shopping late at night after a couple of glasses of wine! :eek: And yea….I don't get the whole sticker thing. I tried carefully peeling one off in hopes that I could reapply it after "pissing" and it didn't work out too well. Grrr….that was the part I really liked about it! Oh well, to us it's a big deal….I'm guessing our guests will still think taking a jello shot out of a pee cup rocks! ;)
Omg...one I'm dying laughing at the thought of a box of urine cups lol

And 2 omg yes!!! Mine too, when the compliments fly he's right there...not once does he remind them of the mess or the many many hours I ignored him...just sitting there with this Cheshire cat grin on his face like he concocted and executed the whole dang thing...grrrr....lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mine too, when the compliments fly he's right there...not once does he remind them of the mess or the many many hours I ignored him...just sitting there with this Cheshire cat grin on his face like he concocted and executed the whole dang thing...grrrr....lol
That's how I feel…it's like really dude, show me your glue gun burned fingertips or the lingering glops of dry lock under your perfectly manicured fingernails that you've been trying to wash out for the last several weeks! Uuuugh….men!!! :roll eyes:

Or why not have it looked torn, I think they come sealed so that you know it's sterile inside before you give your sample. So it might make sense to have it torn....if it's already got piss in it lol
I was thinking the same thing! Maybe dirty them up a bit….drinking out of a clean pee cup is sooo passé'!:D Now to think up some crazy names to write on the labels to make it even more disgusting!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Well I got my cups!

I hope if I spray them with pam first, the jello shot will slide right out, if not they will have to use a spoon to dig it out! hahaha

have you thought about putting some kind of dessert in them?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
offmymeds - I did think about putting desserts in them, and any other yellowish looking things! What were you thinking?

Also, are you doing an outdoor fence? If so, what are you using? I have a rickety looking wood fence that works fine for my basic cemetery but just doesn't seem right for this theme. I love the chain link one with barbed wire that creepycathy had, and the barbed wire seemed pretty easy to make. (if you haven't seen it let me know and I'll locate the link) My issue is cost but most of all storage (as in, I have none!). I wish I could think of a cheap way to make something look like chain link or at least wrought iron. I tried going the PVC route last year and after I priced it out it was over $300!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Why not just make new stickers? Is that possible? Soak the cups, remove the lids (try applying heat to melt the glue a bit), and apply new stickers.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'll probably just leave my labels on, I don't think its gong to be a big deal

kmb123, I think i'll do 25 shots and 25 little bucket desserts. I have no idea so I guess i'll have to go on pinterest and look for "yellow" desserts...maybe some kind of cheesecake? Lemon bar thingy........

I'm using the same fence as last year. I made 2 new sections for it and I found an arch at the goodwill. I got a gate made for it, its not great but it will pass. It's made out of styrofoam and pvc.
I know some people were making a smaller type fence out of slats from mini blinds. I was going to go that route but was able to salvage what I had from last year.
heres a pic of the fence
001.jpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am so excited to find this thread as I have a unique party for this year!
My hubby and I turn 50 in October and November so we are having a Haunted nursing home theme party! So far this is what I've come up with!

Food:
Polident Punch - something blue with a few pair of floating teeth at the bottom
Dip bar (served in blenders) for the food area, Guacamole, spinach and onion dips
PVC privacy wall with hanging sheets for an exam area (to block off my kitchen)

Alcohol:
Pee cup Jello shots -
Syringe "flu" Shots

Bathroom:
Tub seat with skelly sitting on.
Antique bed pan prop - lots of pill bottles - lysol - emergency pull cord on wall - M-W-F pill sorter - Depend boxs

Garage: (dance/dj area)
Pub tables with board games on top
Oversized bingo sheets on floor or wall secured

I also purchased today at a yard sale for $10 a walker and a cane with suction cups for skellys for around the house. I have a recliner that will house a skelly knitting with an afgan and we are trying to figure out how to loop wheel of fortune on the laptop and make a makeshift tv for it with static.

My home office will be staged as an Admin area. Doctors lab coat hanging on coat hanger....

Ok....need more ideas! Come'on creative minds.....need some more help!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Marigold, rather than threadjack this, put it as a separate thread. I think this is a wonderful idea, and I can't imagine anybody NOT looking at a thread about a haunted nursing home 50th birthday party! This is hilarious.
Please start a new thread! I am not going to respond to this because I don't want to threadjack. But I will respond to a new thread! Oh, I wish my husband had thought of this for my 50th. His comes up next year, though ...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thank you Kmb123 I guess that's way I put out some ideas on this thread....thanks for checking out the other!

merigolddesigns - Sounds like an awesome theme! What a hoot! I love the idea of the pull cord in the bathroom…I may have to steal that one. ;)

I'm off to check out your thread now, there's probably a lot of ideas that can cross over to either theme. Fun!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'll probably just leave my labels on, I don't think its gong to be a big deal

kmb123, I think i'll do 25 shots and 25 little bucket desserts. I have no idea so I guess i'll have to go on pinterest and look for "yellow" desserts...maybe some kind of cheesecake? Lemon bar thingy........

I'm using the same fence as last year. I made 2 new sections for it and I found an arch at the goodwill. I got a gate made for it, its not great but it will pass. It's made out of styrofoam and pvc.
I know some people were making a smaller type fence out of slats from mini blinds. I was going to go that route but was able to salvage what I had from last year.
heres a pic of the fence
View attachment 203797
Love your fence and arch…what did you use for the posts? I wanted to do PVC last year but it simply was just too expensive. What are people doing with mini blinds? I haven't seen that yet and not much turned up when I searched.

I desperately need to come up with something…my little rickety wood one from last year just isn't gonna cut it for this theme!

halloween2013b.jpg

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know you weren't. This was the right place to post it, since it is sort of similar. But it really does deserve its own thread. I laughed and laughed at the idea (first time I heard of it).
I am going to go over to the new thread and see if anything has happened yet. Oh, how I wish my husband were born in October! It's a great idea!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I like your fence and yard!!
Those posts I used are Styrofoam. Something my boss was going to throw out at work and asked me first if I wanted them......well, Duh!! he knows me to well:D

I found the post on those mini blind fence it's called Help with super cheap cemetery fence idea By LachOween 9-21-2007............sorry, if I knew how to link it I would..........it's just an option for you. I was actually going to do it if I wasn't able to salvage the one from last year.

21 - 40 of 145 Posts