Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this Halloween Youtube video where the person used Light O Rama lights and had a pretty awesome light show. In the light show he had 2 Yard Inflatables set up. The Inflatables had lights and he actually used them in his his show. So somehow he rewired the inflatable so that there were two cords. I have 30 Halloween Inflatables and not one of them has 2 cords. They all have one cord that controls the air, lights and some even have music. As soon as you unplug the one cord the whole thing collapses. Please show me how this is done as this year we also bought Lights to have a light show and I would love to include some of our Inflatables.

Here is the video I am talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuK7ryiDVY

F

·
0 Posts
The light strand cord goes into the motor housing. He's cut that cord and put a plug on the end of it. The blower has retained the original cord.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
in mine (if you unzip the access opening) you can just unplug the lights from the motor. Then you would just plug then into you Light O Rama. and maybe add a piece of tape to cover the access opening where the cord runs out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had to replace a motor last year and I had to put the lights on a seperate cord. The original motor had the lights hardwired to the fan motor and the replacement didn't have that option. So what I would do is open up the inflatable and find the cord to the lights, cut it and make sure the motor side wires are not touching each other. Seal them with some liquid tape and put a plug on the light end. I have noticed some of the new inflatables are using LED lights and I haven't opened up one those yet. Probably will work the same as long as you get the voltage regulator and rectifier with the lights. I never thought of including my inflatables with my LOR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
jbaum
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing