Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some inexpensive (sub-USD $200) options for putting a "Fog" Screen together? The cheaper the better. Like $125 or less would be ideal. Not including projector. I have one garden hose outlet on each side of my house. Nothing fancy here. Don't need a huge one. Really only looking to do a "small" one as a "Proof of Concept.

Sorry I haven't provided any dimensions or photos (which I guess the next posts will be: "So what dimensions are you looking for and can you post some pics please."

Got so much on my plate that I likely won't do this. Not sure what particular inspiration's going to strike me this Halloween Season. Not much time left. And I already have plenty of gear I haven't even tested (like those three LCD lamp projectors I bought a while back; and an expensive new LED DLP 3D one: USD $250 or so. No media player built-in. Hope I test it before the Amazon return window closes).

Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not sure why you're using a garden hose unless you're trying to mist but I believe that would take high pressure and specialized atomizer nozzles. Fog machine would be much simpler.

I wanted to try that one in the MAKE link too but like you am running out of time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What are some inexpensive (sub-USD $200) options for putting a "Fog" Screen together? The cheaper the better. Like $125 or less would be ideal. Not including projector. I have one garden hose outlet on each side of my house. Nothing fancy here. Don't need a huge one. Really only looking to do a "small" one as a "Proof of Concept.

Sorry I haven't provided any dimensions or photos (which I guess the next posts will be: "So what dimensions are you looking for and can you post some pics please."

Got so much on my plate that I likely won't do this. Not sure what particular inspiration's going to strike me this Halloween Season. Not much time left. And I already have plenty of gear I haven't even tested (like those three LCD lamp projectors I bought a while back; and an expensive new LED DLP 3D one: USD $250 or so. No media player built-in. Hope I test it before the Amazon return window closes).

Thanks.
I am doing this one this year.... I dunno, looked relatively simple for what I needed. I'd rather spend my money on props and things, hahaha. I already had the projector and fog machines though, so all I really had to buy was more pipe, and a new homer bucket. I did NOT make his iceless fog "chiller" as he described in the video simply because I don't want to spend the money. So this year, I am just using my normal chiller with ice for this curtain. I am kinda wishing I had bought the mausoleum arch from Home Depot to use with this curtain. I am not sure how this will time out with the projections.... my fog machine is not continuous but comes in waves. My projections are in a loop, but it too, has gaps and doesn't run continuously. Oh well... might be a mess, might work fine. LOL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any new feedback from those working on fog screens?

I just tried my first dry runs with the version from Make. When in the garage, I get what I would consider good images until too much fog collects, which doesn't take very long. When moving outside, even gentle breezes seem to tender the effect useless pretty quickly.

How are others managing / finding a balance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts