Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Amazing scarecrow! And thanks for the info on the crows!

·
Registered
140 Posts
did you spray paint your black?
i just bought 5 plastic dove decoys that look like yours ( but with browns and beige)from walmart for only $2 a piece on clearance. they have a strong metal clip for their feet so they can stay on the branches real well and not blow over.
i painted all mine black and using them as crows and place them on a tree (branch) and place it in a creepy looking planter and will have some with eyeballs and muscles hanging from the beeks and bloody intestines (made from pantyhose and stuffing) also hanging from the branches.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they came black already in the gun section for target shooting. I wish I dry brushed some tones to bring out the feathers they are quite detailed for something that's meant to be shot at.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i really like your scarecrow!
i wish i found the the actual crows like you did, but, the doves painted black will have to do lol. i think the heads are a lil small for crows on mine but it works lol
great minds think alike lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dave lowe on his site just made a crow with a more cartoony look if anyone wants to check it out. pretty cool idea. and I would love to see an animated crow for sale myself.

G

·
Halloween Crows - Set of 3
Item: #388296
Was $19.99
Now $5.97

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/halloween-crows---set-of-3/213671?listIndex=0

If anyone is in the mood to shop, Improvements.com has a set of 3 crows deeply discounted. I bought these last year, and bought 2 more sets today. I really like these crows.

I usually use dollar tree crows, which are great, as well. These crows are described as:

A frightful flock: our set of 3 sinister Halloween Crows.

Perch these realistic black birds indoors or out to add a menacing touch to your Halloween decor. Reminiscent of the frightening movie "The Birds", these Halloween Crows have long beaks, beady eyes and lifelike feathers. Each crow has a different pose and is attached to a flat base for easy positioning; tallest is 10"L x 7"H.

Benefits of the Halloween Crows:

Halloween Crows are perfect accents to graveyard scenes or haunted houses
These realistic black birds can be used on tables or mantels, porch fences, steps, haystacks, and more
You get 3 Halloween Crows, each with a different pose

You get the picture. Anyway, I can never have too many crows! These really are a good deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts