600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 sonotubes. $15
Pack of white foam board $8
2 dollar store coolers $2
Tube of foam board glue $3
Quart of white paint I tinted myself to gray with black latex I had here. $5.00

Total $33

It was a quick build started Friday night, finished Halloween morning. Worked out well, threw a broke up skellie and some moss on top. Opened the gate to project from the back yard, see video. I think next year I'll decorate it up more before the big day

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad you guys liked this. :) While it's not nearly as cool as a lot of the projects shown here, it was inexpensive and went together fast. It could easily be beefed up and built upon too. It worked out great for my projection also.

I forgot to add one pic, the top of the columns are the top of the coolers. It's hard to see in the top pic since I was starting to paint everything gray. Also to age I just washed out a spray bottle watered down some white paint. Sprayed it until it streamed down, then did the same with watered down black. Took like 5 mins.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Johnpdo .. Thank you! It's a 1940's Tappan Deluxe, thing is built like a brick house and cooks like a dream, super high BTU's on the burners. I really love it.

Spider Monkey and JCO. We just opened the gate and tightly stapled a medium weight frosted shower curtain to project on. For my purpose I didn't want people to be able to see into the back yard, since my potting shed is right there. I thought the shower curtain did fine though .. It sort of gave the mausoleum entrance an other worldly portal look in a way if that makes sense. I used just an inexpensive portable 3M projector, centered behind the curtain .. Maybe 20 or so feet back. We had no light over spill in the front. People were standing at points less than a foot from the screen and there was no light shining through. The only battle I have in that area is kind of a bright street light, but over all I think it worked out ok. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts