Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and I did not see a pics thread for 2016 decorations. I saw some variations but I really wanted an official (ha, remember when everyone got grumpy about the 'Official' threads) thread to see everyone's decorations this year.

Lets see those pics! Cemeteries! Mantles! Living rooms! Kitchens! EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
872 Posts
I finally accomplished some haunt work yesterday. Mostly stringing lights because I like to get that done before it gets really cold or windy. I did paint some signs for the front yard, honky tonky and voodoo emporium. Here's the front yard sign on display. (I do it freehand so it's very rustic)

Attachments

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,162 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found this girl on a swing in my front yard. I don't know what it is, but I like to buy whatever people are scared of the most. I have a possessed killer clown and 3 demonic little girls. One swinging in the tree (humming a nursery rhyme), one standing up, looking down eating a handful of brains (she jumps out at you), and one upside down climbing down the wall.

I'll have to post more pics once I get everything up. My cheap Spirit Halloween fog machines aren't working so I ordered a name brand fogger machine, which hopefully will last longer than one Halloween, got my new Webcaster gun (tired of stretching out the bags of spider webs), and I just ordered some decent quality UV LED strips along with a UV worklight, which is supposed to light the entire yard.

Attachments

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
620 Posts
A new addition this year, got the idea from a pintrest photo of just the Wheelbarrow. Decided to take it up a level with the Skeleton pushing the Wheel Barrow.
Very simple setup. 1 - Pose-able Skeleton, 1- Bag of bones 1- Bunch of hay, 1- old wheelbarrow, 1- blue spotlight, 1 Rod(tube) to support Skeleton. IMG_20161008_204108 (225x300).jpg IMG_20161008_204115 (225x300).jpg

Still working on the other Areas, here are some in-progress shots.

IMG_20161008_204020 (300x225).jpg IMG_20161008_204043 (300x225).jpg IMG_20161008_204507 (300x225).jpg IMG_20161008_204515 (300x225).jpg IMG_20161008_204534 (225x300).jpg

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
What kind of lighting are you using there, MrNightmare? Looks great.
Thanks! I use Par38 colored LED bulbs. I place them in the landscape lighting fixtures. The middle orange spot light is one of those from spirit halloween. I have been experimenting with the lighting. Here is a pic using LED black lights in the middle:

2016 Outside Prp (2).JPG

I am not sure which way to go? I might be over thinking it a bit...

Here is a pic last year using blue:

Halloween 2015 IMG_2233.jpg

So far, everyone like the green best and I do too. Just not sure how to light up the middle section? The black light gives is depth... I think.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks! I use Par38 colored LED bulbs. I place them in the landscape lighting fixtures. The middle orange spot light is one of those from spirit halloween. I have been experimenting with the lighting. Here is a pic using LED black lights in the middle:

I am not sure which way to go? I might be over thinking it a bit...

Here is a pic last year using blue:

So far, everyone like the green best and I do too. Just not sure how to light up the middle section? The black light gives is depth... I think.
I like the green and orange, since the windows are orange. Keeps the color scheme consistent. The blue and orange go well together too (I remember seeing your pictures last year - I probably asked you then as well what kind of lighting you were using).

1 - 20 of 90 Posts