Per Frankie's Girls' request, I am posting this to see if anyone has more knowledge than us .
So does anyone know of any non-glycol foggers? Or a way in which the residue can be removed quickly and easily without damaging anything (including possible electronics in the room. E.G., Television, Radio, etc).Frankie's Girl said:You could post this question on the board and get some more knowledgeable folks to respond, but I'll do my best!
All of the foggers I've come across are glycol based and you are right, they'll leave a film/residue on anything that the fog comes in contact with. There may be foggers that use some other mix to make fog, but I don't know personally of them.
You might want to do a test using a fogger you have - if you can do a small room that is easy to clean (bathroom?) for a little time and see what the residue is like and see if it's really messy or you can live with it...
Dry ice - definitely a good solution if you don't want to deal with the mess of a glycol fogger. I have seen my local grocery store carry dry ice for sale, and I'm pretty sure the big chains would either carry it, or be able to refer you to a source. You should look up the safety precautions for handling dry ice and how to get the best fog from it (I'm ~foggy~ on the details ) but I believe it is warm/hot water to get heavy fog, and never have any skin contact as it will leave a nasty freeze burn. I think it may be a bit pricey as well... but you will get heavy, ground hugging fog using dry ice for however long it lasts.
Do post on the board about finding and using non-glycol foggers and dry ice - I'm sure there are some real experts on here!
Zeltino said:Hey FG,
You've been around here an extremely long time, and I always look for your posts of wisdom ;P.
I am hosting my first Halloween party at my small apartment. Me and my roommate think it would be really cool to use a fog machine (with a cooler), to have fog low-laying on the floor. Problem is, I know most fog machines (I own 3 that use a glycol (I think) mix) will leave a residue.
Is there any way I can get fog without leaving this residue? I haven't a clue where to get Dry-ice and I'd expect it to be somewhat expensive!
Thanks in advance