Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would your recommendation for the best INDOOR fog machine be?

Ideally something that isn't going to set off my smoke detectors... that's the issue I ran into with the one I purchased from Spirit a few years back. I'd love to have a fog machine set up in our living room. The ceilings are pretty high though... so I'm wondering if that is a pro or con? Pro for fire alarms but will the effect of fog be crummy?

Feedback appreciated!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Try a vintage Gemmy fog machine. Gemmy doesn't make foggers anymore as far as I am aware, but you can find a brand new one on eBay for about the price of a modern one and they are well-built and great for indoors (what I use mine for). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
It's not so much the fogger as it is the juice. Standard fog juice is not recommended for extended indoor use. The main ingredient (usually glycol or some form of it) will make a mess of everything it settles on and breathing it is not good. Check Froggy's Fog, I think they have a formula made for indoors but even that may be irritating for some people to breath.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would generally recommend against using a fog machine indoors, and yes it's because of the fog juice. Smoke alarms, asthma and breathing issues, but also because fog juice can tend to leave a sticky residue build-up on stuff. And because it's largely water based, you're effectively setting off a really serious humidifier with an often insect-friendly food source included. The extra humidity can be a concern for all your household items - anything paper, carpets, ceiling tiles, etc.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
About the only indoor fog system solution I can think of would be a dry ice machine like the Chauvet Nimbus.....I don't think they set off smoke alarms and it has an incredible low lying thick fog effect but there are many cons as well....More work to prepare and has a much shorter time cycle than a standard fog machine....The fog machine isn't cheap either....The fog effect is amazing though....ZR

·
Registered
530 Posts
First year we had our HW party, I ran a small fog machine inside on the "dance" floor. Didn't run it often, as too much would set off the smoke detectors. The room it was in had a ceiling fan going and the backdoor open nearby. I needed the fog so the lasers would show and it worked for adding some effect, but I only ran it long enough to smoke the room for the lasers.

What would your recommendation for the best INDOOR fog machine be?

Ideally something that isn't going to set off my smoke detectors... that's the issue I ran into with the one I purchased from Spirit a few years back. I'd love to have a fog machine set up in our living room. The ceilings are pretty high though... so I'm wondering if that is a pro or con? Pro for fire alarms but will the effect of fog be crummy?

Feedback appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts