Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked back about a dozen pages but didn't see any about inside displays just the outside one. So....here's mine. :D

The Witch is a mask from http://www.halloweenasylum.com/ (love those guys) on a pvc frame.
Lots of black and grey fabric for her body and her hands and arms are those "ground breaking" zombie arms. Which is perfect because it has a grey dirty color to it.
She's holding a length a black foam with some brown fabric wrapped on one end to make it look like she's stirring something.
Basic black cauldron, red lights under sticks and red tissue paper give a nice fire coals look.
A green led light in the cauldron covered with yellow tissue paper to give the illusion she's stirring something and to illuminate her face.

To her left is a table of skulls and potion bottles all surrounded by purple lights.
Fireplace is full of round orange string lights, fall leaves garland and carved craft pumpkins with some of the string lights stuffed into holes in the back of each one.

There' pumpkins and vines around the outside of the fireplace and on the mantle are two candelabras I got from Walmart the other day.
Spider webs all along the top and one of those motion activated talking urns with a face in the middle.

What you can't see:
is a spell book to the witches left behind the potion table that is sound activated, it opens and has a cackling witch voice say that she needs you to be her next ingredient.
Also a full sized skeleton in a Snow White dress and black haired wig , laying on it's back with the skeleton head on the base of the fireplace with an apple in her hand.

I call it: "Fairy Tales End Differently On Halloween"

It really is my pride and joy. Took several years of gathering and finding just the right things that I liked for it.
Many of the ideas here I got from Halloween Forum.
Big thanks to my wife for supporting my obsession with it.

(yes I know the picture is horrible but adding light just makes it look silly.)
if I figure out how to take better night photos I'll post some more.

Witch room 2015.jpg

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I looked back about a dozen pages but didn't see any about inside displays just the outside one. So....here's mine. :D

The Witch is a mask from http://www.halloweenasylum.com/ (love those guys) on a pvc frame.
Lots of black and grey fabric for her body and her hands and arms are those "ground breaking" zombie arms. Which is perfect because it has a grey dirty color to it.
She's holding a length a black foam with some brown fabric wrapped on one end to make it look like she's stirring something.
Basic black cauldron, red lights under sticks and red tissue paper give a nice fire coals look.
A green led light in the cauldron covered with yellow tissue paper to give the illusion she's stirring something and to illuminate her face.

To her left is a table of skulls and potion bottles all surrounded by purple lights.
Fireplace is full of round orange string lights, fall leaves garland and carved craft pumpkins with some of the string lights stuffed into holes in the back of each one.

There' pumpkins and vines around the outside of the fireplace and on the mantle are two candelabras I got from Walmart the other day.
Spider webs all along the top and one of those motion activated talking urns with a face in the middle.

What you can't see:
is a spell book to the witches left behind the potion table that is sound activated, it opens and has a cackling witch voice say that she needs you to be her next ingredient.
Also a full sized skeleton in a Snow White dress and black haired wig , laying on it's back with the skeleton head on the base of the fireplace with an apple in her hand.

I call it: "Fairy Tales End Differently On Halloween"

It really is my pride and joy. Took several years of gathering and finding just the right things that I liked for it.
Many of the ideas here I got from Halloween Forum.
Big thanks to my wife for supporting my obsession with it.

(yes I know the picture is horrible but adding light just makes it look silly.)
if I figure out how to take better night photos I'll post some more.

View attachment 264048
Love it, the pumpkins in the fireplace look like a very happy bunch, except for that one, well done.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Very nice job! I also really like the pumpkins in the fireplace, nice touch. It looks like the witch has a nice collection of tormented pumpkin souls.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,396 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,396 Posts
I didn't see it. Thanks for the link but not the sarcasm.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound sarcastic, that's totally NOT what I wasn't going for, sorry. :( Poor choice of words there. I didn't wanna say "stupid" or "dumb" because "decor" isn't stupid or dumb, it's pretty accurate, but a different sorta word I guess.

More than once I've looked for a thread about something very specific like "indoor display" only to find out it's listed as "indoor decor." We've all been there at some point.

You try looking for "indoor display" & nothing comes up, or you search through the first 50 pages & it isn't there, then when someone posts there's already a thread about it but it's called something completely different or not even close to what you were looking for like "Here's My Inside Stuff!" & you just wanna bang your head into the 'puter. There's probably a few hundred duplicate threads but one is "display" the other is "decor" & it can be just maddening sometimes.

This place is HUGE & the threads turn over so quickly it's easy to miss junk & honestly, I would've overlooked "decor" too. Once you're here for a while you remember stuff & even THEN you still search for the wrong stuff. There was a thread about someone turning Bluckys into cool ToTers with costumes on & I still can't find that thing.

I learned to bookmark threads now or follow them so I can find them later.

Once again, apologies. We're not really like that here so don't take my bad choice of words as a barometer of the joint. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts