Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetical scenario- a little guy shows up on your doorstep Halloween Night dressed as Hitler. Brown jacket, tie, swastika armband, toothbrush moustache and the hair rakishly swept to one side. How do you react? Me, I'd get my camera. But there's a website that's running a series of "inappropriate" costumes, and Little Hitler is one of them.
Have a look, punch in innappropriate halloween costumes for kids. 20 pix of the worst. Heavy.com

·
Registered
423 Posts
Satire can be offensive to some who don't get it. I would personally not dress as such, but Madame Leota does have a point. Also there WAS a show on Comedy Central a while back with lil Hitler. Lil Hitler, lil bush , lil gore.. it was kinda fabulous!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why would a little boy be making a satirical statement about Hitler? It would seem to me that his parents were Neo-Nazis who were hurting their child through their bullcrap, or that his parents were using him and HIS costume to make some stupid "satirical statement". Either way I would be unhappy with the parents.

As for Jack the ripper, I'm not even sure how you'd dress up as him, but I'm not really in favor of dressing up as any real life killer. That said, I think it would be a slightly different situation because I can't see any political motivation behind jack the ripper, and because there's so much myth surrounding those murders. I still wouldn't personally care for it, but I wouldn't view it the same way.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Lil Hitler, huh? If it's a little kid dressed as the Fuhrer, I'd be taken aback, and seriously wonder what his (or her) parents were thinking, but I'd treat the child like any other ToT. If it was a teen or adult, "Get the **** off my property."

That said, is it inappropriate? Well...no. We see a lot of demons and devils and evil creatures costumes on Halloween. And since I think Adolf Hitler was the embodiment of evil, the Devil Itself walking the Earth, I'd have to say it isn't inappropriate at all. Insensitive, offensive, disgusting and cruel, but not inappropriate.

·
Banned
337 Posts
I wouldn't give this much thought. The kid obviously is not old enough to know the history of the uniform, and the parents could be neo-nazi nuts, but probably a box of rocks. Who knows? Check around online with our National American costume outfitters. They offer plenty of nazi costumes for adults and kids. It's Halloween folks. As a former Marine, if one of my kids wanted to go as hitler, I'd have no problem. It's Halloween folks and he was a monster. As far as the site Wolfman........anyone can create a site with their panties in a wad, haha. Happy Halloween all and make sure it's safe.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Haha. It's all the Spirit of Halloween we all love and try to share so much. If you can't push the boundaries, what's the use, haha. What the youngsters see these days....??? I for one am just an old fart and welcome it all. But I'm prepared to be shocked, haha.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
55 Participants
Cephus404
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing