Halloween Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK I did it. It was a success. Positioning the thumb was kind of a PITA and I kept having to be extra careful to bend at the joints and not bend any bones but it worked well. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
OK I did it. It was a success. Positioning the thumb was kind of a PITA and I kept having to be extra careful to bend at the joints and not bend any bones but it worked well. Thanks for the advice!
Honestly, if the fingers get bent between the joints, nobody will notice. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I can't find the original post but using a wood burning tool right at the joints creates a very realistic bend to the fingers. Each finger bone is still straight but you can shape the fingers position.
Either a wood burning tool or a lot of good quality soldering irons have an interchangable tip that does the same thing. It melts some of the plastic off the back of the joint so that it can bend more tightly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great idea. I may give it a shot too. One question, where do you get the wire? I have used coat hangers but sometimes I need a longer piece of wire and they vary in wire gauge.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts