Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was scaling down and also considering not doing anything because both my Dad and my wife got sick this year. Unfortunately our dad passed away last month. We were all devestated as you can imagine. Has been rough but my family advised that he would have wanted us to celebrate. He was our encourager of reluctant ToTs aND spooked parents, our haunt barker. He was greatly missed this year. Last minute the front yard was decorated and we had so many compliments. The look on the ToTs like they say "priceless". This year's haunt has been a success, this years Halloween was for you Dad. Thanks for looking over us. Miss you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It sounds like you turned a very sad time your family's life into a very special moment that will be remembered.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I feel your loss. My dad passed away almost 2 years ago. He was my main helper for all things Halloween. He would help with building new props, and repairing old ones. He would help with setup and tear down. And dress up to spook the kids and parent alike. Last year was the first Halloween without him. It wasn't easy but we made it through. It will never be the same without him. If your dad was anything like mine, he wouldn't want you to stop doing what you enjoy just because he's gone. Take comfort knowing he was (and will always be) there in spirit.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I also feel your loss. When people say the holidays are hard, the idea is usually the big family gathering holidays later in the year, but Halloween is just as strong (or more so for all its origins!). If we can find a way to remember our important departed at Halloween, in our traditions, all to the good I think.

My Grandma had become a big part of our Halloween, as our witch, fortune teller, and just general moral support. She absolutely loved it, and she had the best witch laugh. She died two years ago in mid-September, and I think Halloween gave me something else to think about during that time. I really miss having her here with us. One of the things of hers I have now are the cheap plastic skeleton earrings she wore every year.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
So sorry to hear the loss of your father. Our parents are so very important throughout our life and they make us who we are today. It is great to hear that you continued on with the tradition and were able to put smiles on the faces of little ones. My mother and father loved this date and for as long as I can remember they decorated the yard were we lived so kids in the neighborhood could enjoy the night. Three years ago my mom passed and I became depressed for the loss because she always came over to see my decorations even as her health began to decline. As to remind myself of her life and all she meant to me I made this. The date on the stone is the date she was born and there is no other date because she lives in my heart . For you, never forget and always remember the great times you had with them. Halloween forever. DSC09596.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the kind words. My condelecenses on your losses as well. It felt good and watching the kids made the night fun. My dad was quirky, funny, and he enjoyed this night as much as us. I know he was with us enjoying the fun as well. Thanks friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts