Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blood Moon Cemetery
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been building entrance cemetery columns and fences for this Halloween. Everything has gone fine until yesterday. I was getting ready to screw in my toppers for the entrance columns and noticed that they had fallen from the shelf they were on and totally busted. They were grim reaper statue bust that I purchased last year. I spent all last night trying to find some but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone have any ideas on different statues I can place on my columns? Any websites or any stores, anything to help me out? I need them pretty quick because I need to start painting and detailing the columns.

Thanks.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dollar stores had little halloween busts but I don't remember what they looked like

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
get some galv electric fence wire... anchor it below and up through the back of the object... twist and snip the end and double it over if need be... then secure the object looping wire to the lead guy wire... slop paint and dry bursh to create an aged effect... in the dark with mood light no one will notice the patch... good luck :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have some good shots of my entrance pillar in my 2008 album on my info page. I have gargoyles statues that I bought from Lowe's. They were $15 each.

If you look at the picture you'll see them sitting on a smaller square base on top of the main pillar. That base isn't actually attached to the pillar but is only gorilla glued and screwed to thte bottom of the statue. Makes it easier to store in the off season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts