Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through the FAQs and General Use board, but can't find any reference to what controls the seen image size on a post. All of my images are small, but I see large images in other posts.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a setting I'm overlooking… How do I get my attached images to display in a larger size?

·
Administrator
667 Posts
Hey there

Attached images are bound by a different set of rules than images linked in from other sites (ie Photobucket, Flickr, etc).

We are able to increase the size of the Attachments thumbnails, if the rest of the community and mods agree. Thumbnails are currently set to 100 pixels - we can increase this to say 500 pixels instead. What does everyone think?

Dayle

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I doubt anyone would argue against increasing the size. If it's possible on the technical end we'll take as big as you'll give. Though can it be made um. Flexible or whatever the proper term is rather than fixed. So it doesn't interfere with the mobile side?

You could also create an album on the forum here and link to the images that way to get a bigger size.

·
Administrator
667 Posts
I doubt anyone would argue against increasing the size. If it's possible on the technical end we'll take as big as you'll give. Though can it be made um. Flexible or whatever the proper term is rather than fixed. So it doesn't interfere with the mobile side?

You could also create an album on the forum here and link to the images that way to get a bigger size.
Good idea, I'll look into that. Though, a thumbnail larger than 100px would probably be good, too.

Hey guys,

We've gone ahead and increased the attachment thumbnail size images from 100 to 500 px and also decreased the number of thumbnails per row from 5 to 1 - that way it isn't so large that the viewer would have scroll over sideways to see all attached thumbnails.

This will not affect the mobile side. Currently running a rebuild on this to ensure everything is synchronized. :) Let us know how that's working out for you and/or if there needs to be further adjustments need to be made.

Thanks for your time and suggestion on this!

Cheers,
Natalie :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts