Halloween Forum banner

I'm still obsessed with Jack and I'm crazy

889 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  morbid_carnival 
#1 ·
Hi, nobody knows me because I left years ago because all I would post about is Jack from Spirit Halloween but now I'm back cause I can't take away my love for things like Distortions, Poison Props, Fright Props, Fright Catalog which does not exist anymore, and some other stuff. I'm back because my obsession has grown again and I want to completely talk about Spirit 2019 for a start.
Did you guys hear about the SS Riptide story on Spirit Halloween's "secret" blog page? The one where the author made it seem like Jack just took the boat and decided to pick random people up before crashing it? I found out about the story yesterday, and I really wish that Spirit would do more backstories like this. Like I know it's kind of an stretch coming from me, but it would be really nice to see Jack's backstory just like they put stories to thier animatronics.

#2 ·
I wish they would spend more time just making props that aren't overpriced, and don't break after a few hours of use, than writing squeaker fan fiction to explain their incomprehensible marketing strategy for the year. It's not something that is really going to make me want to buy something, or anything, for that matter.

#3 ·
Hi bobby2003,
I agree with the props being over priced and somewhat low quality. I actually am still trying to get over my obsession with the mascot, but even though I am somewhat of a fan, I cannot deny the theme being a bit wonky this year. Thanks for replying :)

#4 ·
Did you guys hear about the SS Riptide story on Spirit Halloween's "secret" blog page? The one where the author made it seem like Jack just took the boat and decided to pick random people up before crashing it?
First, I didn't know the mascot had a name so thanks for that info!

Second, a backstory like that is the only thing that would make sense with that Spirit set-up because otherwise it's just like they threw a bunch of props on it because they had to.

#6 · (Edited)
Hi RCIAG,
I know and it's actually kind of sad.

Here I go again.

I just really wish they would use Jack more in things... and actually make high quality props

#7 · (Edited)
Hi, -Warlock-

I honestly don't even like to call myself a fan even if I'm obsessed over the mascot and all the reaper props because I don't even buy the props.
A fun fact is that I used to talk to "Jack" on facebook years ago and that's how I found out his name when I wasn't on meds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.