Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my neighbor came over while I was working on the haunt house today and asked if she could bring her sunday school group (about 30 kids) to the haunt. They are having a hay ride on the 19th and would like to stop by and go thru our haunted house while they are out. I told her as long as I could take them through a few at a time Id be thrilled to have them. Plus it'll be a great test run for Halloween night :) No one else here understands why Im happy about it LOL I knew you guys would get it ;)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,880 Posts
guinea pigs! free guinea pigs to test your haunt!

That, and the fact that you'll get that much extra squeals and shrieks out of it! Very cool - congrats!

(I'm a sucker for praise, so for me, having people say how cool/scary something in my graveyard is and then asking me where I bought it... and I get to say "oh, I BUILT that!" really makes me happy!)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Oh wow that's really kewl I'm so happy for you. I can imagine you're about to bounce from the walls with joy. It means an extra night of fun scares for you and practice for the real big night.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, my cheeks ache from smiling for the last couple hours :D LOL
It makes me happy in two ways.. one of course that I get to run around and scare more kids and dont have to wait till halloween to do it... the other that a local church is going to not only let them come but is actually arranging a trip to bring them! most churches around here are against halloween... maybe a few of them are finally coming around

·
Registered
90 Posts
Awesome! My friends don't understand the total and complete thrill of having made a completely unknown child soooo excited. Let's face it... these kids will remember your haunt for the rest of their lives... and perhaps be converted to 'our' side at the same time.

This summer I was working in my garden and this little girl comes up shyly and says to me, 'I love your house. It is so pretty and flowery in the summer and so fun and scary at Halloween.' I will never forget that! :D

And of course my nephew (who only turned 2 in March) telling everyone he knows, 'I love my auntie. She is soooo spooky! She has monsters. I love them.' lol

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
i remember my very first haunt when i was back in 4th grade. me, my friends and my dad made a little haunted house in cub scouts and our theme was "Scare the crap out of the 1st graders!" seriously though, i wish someone would bring a group over before halloween to my haunt because then after they were done i could go and ask them what they liked and didnt like-have fun

·
Registered
90 Posts
Last year was the first year that I decorated before the day of Halloween.
I have always been very paranoid about weather damage and vandalism.

Last year I decided to host a pre-Halloween 'Open Casket' the night before. Invited all my friends and coworkers. Most live outside of my neighbourhood, so it gave them a chance to come out and socialize and get their kids in the spirit before the big night. Plus, they would not be in the area the day of.

It was *great*. This year I am going to extend it to 2 nights and put up posters in my neighbourhood as well. (And in a moment of dementia, I even considered leafletting the elementary schools... lol)
Not only was it nice to have a test run, it gave me lots of ideas and the opportunity to entertain my friends. Plus, since everything is set up beforehand, I am not running around like a crazy person on the 31st, trying to get everything done.

I swear, I have been having nightmares since July that I wake up and it is Halloween and no decorations are up and I have 40 pumpkins to carve... lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, Im hoping they will like it, tell their parents about it and return on Halloween night, possibly with more friends. I dont get a lot of TOT's last yr we had 100 and that was a HUGE turn out for us, hopefully this will help me get even more :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im so nervous Im about to crawl outta my skin... i hadnt heard a word from my neighbor, she was supossed to get back to me to finalize the plans... since I hadnt heard from her I assumed they weren't coming. She left a message on my machine last night saying they'd be here at 6:00 tonight!!!! Im no where near ready, I was 99% but my sister hosted a hayride for her sunday school class and we took half my stuff outta the haunt to use on her hayride. Her hayride was last night so my stuff is still in our vehicles!! We sure did have a great time tho, nothing more fun than running around a cow pasture in the dark dressed like scarecrows LOL anyway I think I can get it all put back pretty quickly and Im pretty sure I can get some scare actors come help on short notice. Ya'll wish me luck Lord knows Im gonna need it to pull this off!!!
~Tammy~

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Halloweeeiner, it went ok.. we completely skipped the pnuematic props (except for the gator) I rounded up 8 scare actors (family is good to have) and we had a blast. It was a great trial run, we found several areas that needed tweaking, lighting adjustments etc...it wasnt perfect but we had a great time and got a lot of screams thats what its all about anyway ;) I cant wait til Halloween :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
And a class from Sunday School to boot! Around here, they'll do anything to keep the children AWAY from such "atrocities". You are so lucky - I wish I lived in a place that cool. Way to Go!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts