Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone feeling like halloween is a million years away? I bought some small items at a salvage store the other day and started to get excited and it's only april :( I can't wait until the leaves turn brown and the haunted houses open for another season.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I hear you runmikeyrun! I working with an artist right now who is designing me my own scarecrow, life size, its almost done, I also ordered some great multi colored skeleton lights that play the theme from the Halloween movie, I just got those the other day, and I cant wait for Halloween to get here. I am dying to put those lights up now!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I hear you runmikeyrun! I working with an artist right now who is designing me my own scarecrow, life size, its almost done, I also ordered some great multi colored skeleton lights that play the theme from the Halloween movie, I just got those the other day, and I cant wait for Halloween to get here. I am dying to put those lights up now!!!
Fire them lights up!!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts

Photo by Mallix Mayne

Look at it this way:

Only six months until the Hallowe'en season begins.
Only five months until the Autumn season begins.
Only four months until stores start to put out their Autumn and Hallowe'en items.

Meanwhile…

• Rent some classic horror and science fiction movies you've never seen.
• Read some of the latest winners of the Bram Stoker Award from the Horror Writers Association.
• Read some of the latest winners of the Edgar Award, from the Mystery Writers of America.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
I have been waiting for this Halloween for 6 years(well actually I waited 5 years for Halloween 2008) because they were on Friday and Saturday respectively. I can't even imagine how much fun it will be to have a whole day of fun this year and people will be out more then normal trick or treating. I can't wait either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
lol, I'm quite the opposite, I've got so many haunt projects going on, I'm juggling them all. Setting this up, ordering motors for that, waiting for skulls to arrive, even though it's so far away, it seems like I won't have enough time to complete everything.....but still, I can't wait !!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,847 Posts
I have been waiting for this Halloween for 6 years(well actually I waited 5 years for Halloween 2008) because they were on Friday and Saturday respectively. I can't even imagine how much fun it will be to have a whole day of fun this year and people will be out more then normal trick or treating. I can't wait either.
Doesn't work that way in my area - weekend Halloween equals LESS kids TOTing. They have parties or other weekend commitments and don't turn up in the numbers I usually get. Last year with it on a Friday, we lost out to both parties and football games and it cut our turnout in half. :(

I in the "not enough time" camp. I have too many projects to try to get through and even getting started last month I feel like I'm going to run out of time.:rolleyes:

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Doesn't work that way in my area - weekend Halloween equals LESS kids TOTing. They have parties or other weekend commitments and don't turn up in the numbers I usually get. Last year with it on a Friday, we lost out to both parties and football games and it cut our turnout in half. :(

I in the "not enough time" camp. I have too many projects to try to get through and even getting started last month I feel like I'm going to run out of time.:rolleyes:

That is true Frankiesgirl! My son is actually having his annual Halloween party this year on Halloween. He thought it would be a good idea because they are at the age where they arent really going trick or treating and it would give them a place to hang out, dress up, and have fun. Its fine with me. Ill be outside running the haunted house and giving out candy and probably running the big pop corn machine while the party is going on. Ill check in now and then but I think it will be fine. I hope we still get TOT's though:confused:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Definitely need more time. However as not everything here gets put away and I do a little work every weekend there is no withdrawal

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts

We are on a pretty well traveled corner and people see us setting up for weeks so there is the anticipation factor that gives us good numbers on a weekend. 2008 was our first year back after a five year absence and we had a %700 increase in TOTs from the year before. I have not even started a project yet. I have a big to do list. So I can't wait, but I also don't think I will have enough time to get everything done that I want.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Photo by Mallix Mayne

Look at it this way:

Only six months until the Hallowe'en season begins.
Only five months until the Autumn season begins.
Only four months until stores start to put out their Autumn and Hallowe'en items.

You know what, I think that each year the launch of school supplies is followed the following week with Halloween props...or, did I just dream of that <sigh>.

Bill

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Just the opposite around here. There are so many things to do like festivals downtown and at churches and people and kids having parties and getting to stay up late and no school the next day that Fridays and Saturdays tend to have less ToT's out and about.
Really kinda sucks!
That is why we have been considering doing the haunt at Ft. Wilderness with our friends. They do it every year, but since I'm expecting ToTing to be down again this year we have the opportunity to join them.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts

JINX!
heheheh
I posted mine before reading the whole thread! Wow! Can you believe that! And also interesting that we have the exact same dilemma!
Yep! We had only about half our usual turnout, too!

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
JINX!
heheheh
I posted mine before reading the whole thread! Wow! Can you believe that! And also interesting that we have the exact same dilemma!
Yep! We had only about half our usual turnout, too!
I am amazed at this phenomena. Is this common? We get so many more TOTS on weekends. I will be bummed if what people are saying is true. Pretty much every year we get more. The neighbors aren't too thrilled about it because they have to buy a lot more candy. We had to bale out one of them because she had no idea we did the Halloween thing. But, people do know that we do this and they see us setting up for weeks so they might stop by on their way to parties and festivals. Hopefully we will get lots of TOTs this year too.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Trunk or Treats and the mall steal a lot of Tots...so maybe since it's a weekend, they will start earlier.

A bigger conundrum would be if Nebraska plays Oklahoma in prime time :eek:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Anyone feeling like halloween is a million years away? I bought some small items at a salvage store the other day and started to get excited and it's only april :( I can't wait until the leaves turn brown and the haunted houses open for another season.
Noooooooooo, not at all. THIS year, I feel like the months are flying by! Doesn't usually happen that way; it may just be because things are SO much busier this year in general than in past years!

You'll make it. Give yourself "a project a month". The less time you think you have, the quicker time goes, LOL. It's Murphy's Law.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts