Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new person in this forum. Well... I'm reading all your messages in this forum and I feel a little bit jealous.
I'm living in Poland where we don't celebrate Halloween. That's a pity!
We have our traditional All Saints Day (on 1st Nov.) when we visiting graves of our nearest friends and family... Our holiday is very sad. This is our tradition and of course I celebrate it and even I like it a bit but sometimes I would like to celebrate Halloween on 31st Oct. Unfortunatelly my friends don't want to celebrate it with me...
Tomorrow, like every year, I'm going to prepare a pumpkin lattern... and I will celebrate Halloween by myself :(

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,147 Posts
I'm so sorry you don't have Halloween there! :(

It has been slowly growing in many European countries from what I've read, so maybe sometime in the future you'll be able to really celebrate it!

Happy Halloween to you, and have fun carving your pumpkin!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Oh man, Poland! That's where my ancestry comes from and the number one place to visit on my "Number One Places To Visit" list. I hope to go there in 3-6 years. When I do go, I'll bring some Halloween spirit with me... and maybe a decoration or two. :)

What a bummer you don't have a Halloween following there. Take some pictures of your pumpkin so we can see. You can celebrate with us on the internet. I'll do a virtual trick-or-treat tomorrow. Try to have some fun!

do widzenia! (I get that one right?)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am of Polish decent as well. My last name is Waters, but it would have been Wojtowicz had my grandfather not changed it years ago.

I am so sorry that no one wants to celebrate with you Kasia. I think that there could be some ways around that though. Carve your pumpkin, get some candy, go find a TV and watch some scary movies with the lights off. Maybe you can get a friend or two to do that with you. Another thing that I would do is take a nature walk on Halloween night. I love the weather so much during this time of year and I feel like it is a big reason that I love Halloween so much. Could you get some friends to do a big bonfire outside? They don't have to celebrate Halloween with you, but they could do some Halloween-type stuff with you.

I hope that you can find a way to have a great Halloween! If you need any other suggestions, or think that what I told you to do is dumb, I am sure that there is someone else on this forum that can help.

Happy Halloween,

Joey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DeadTed, Wow! Your ancestry comes from Poland! So you are almost a real Pole :)
Well, it seems that you have to come here and bring a Halloween spirit with you.
Do widzenia! - you impressed myself! - of course you got that right! :)

Frankie's Girl, yes, you are right - in some European countries (inclusive of Poland) Halloween has been growing slowly and in some settlements in my town people (especially kids) celebrate it, in many schools too but I don't know anybody in my nearest environment who like this holiday. But I hope that Halloween will be more and more popular soon :)

Joey Waters, wow! - how many Poles I can meet on this forum. Hello from Poland! Wojtowicz is a very popular name in Poland. Thank you for your proposals... I think that I will spent tomorrow's evening with TV watching some horrors (with my husband ;)).

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am of Polish decent as well. My last name is Waters, but it would have been Wojtowicz had my grandfather not changed it years ago.

I am so sorry that no one wants to celebrate with you Kasia. I think that there could be some ways around that though. Carve your pumpkin, get some candy, go find a TV and watch some scary movies with the lights off. Maybe you can get a friend or two to do that with you. Another thing that I would do is take a nature walk on Halloween night. I love the weather so much during this time of year and I feel like it is a big reason that I love Halloween so much. Could you get some friends to do a big bonfire outside? They don't have to celebrate Halloween with you, but they could do some Halloween-type stuff with you.

I hope that you can find a way to have a great Halloween! If you need any other suggestions, or think that what I told you to do is dumb, I am sure that there is someone else on this forum that can help.

Happy Halloween,

Joey
Holy crap. I believe, and I'm not 100% sure, that Wojtowicz was also my grandmothers maiden name... not sure because she married before she came over. ALSO... how weird is THIS... my mothers maiden name (who is NOT of Polish decent (that's all on my dads side)) is Waters. Weird.

Do I know you? :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's wild Ted! All of my relatives of Polish descent (all my Dad's side as well) live in and around Warren, OH. Those are the Wojtowicz. Maybe we are related in some distant, far-reaching way.

Happy Halloween cousin Ted!

·
Reaper Queen
8,648 Posts
Hello Kasia16, I am sorry that you can't celebrate halloween like you want to, but even alittle counts! Carve your pumpkin, watch the scarey movies, and every year, maybe do a little bit more and maybe you can bring it to your area , get others involved, but no matter what, keep checking in here at the forum, we will keep bringing you halloween cheer!!
by the way, my mother in laws ,maiden name was Polansky, and her mother also was Polish, but am not sure what her name was.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's wild Ted! All of my relatives of Polish descent (all my Dad's side as well) live in and around Warren, OH. Those are the Wojtowicz. Maybe we are related in some distant, far-reaching way.

Happy Halloween cousin Ted!
Is that anywhere near Ashland Ohio? That's where my mom went to college :)

And Kasia, if you find anyone with the last name Rokitowski, tell them to give me a buzz :D My grandma passed away a decade ago and I never got a chance to ask her questions about my family - no idea if I've got relatives anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, wow! How many Poles are here! I'm surprised!
Thank you for your wishes and proposals for me how to spend my Halloween.
Yesterday I decided that next year I will organize a Halloween on my settlement. I hope that I will find some people who will want to celebrate Halloween. I'm dreaming of real Halloween: with costumes, pumkins, parties, and children knocking to the door shouting "Trick or treat" :) Maybe someday my children will celebrate it.

Happy Halloween for everybody!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts