Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched here and googled it with no luck. I think the thread was about Ursula and she had moving tentacles. I want to make some tentacles for my pirate theme. I think that one went a bit more into how to make them and mount them to the shiatsu. I did see a couple other threads here but they weren't the one I am trying to locate. If there are any other tips or links I'm open to them also. I do have a shiatsu I can incorporate. I just need a visual tutorial on these. It's how I learn best :)

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Think I found it! At least the one that I was thinking of. Posted by JustWhisper back in 2012. Nothing about Ursula though.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/121592-animated-kraken-tentacles.html

I think there are videos still posted in her Photobucket album but I can't see any of them on my laptop screen. Won't display. Crap. Well I tried watching the video in Post #1 on my iPhone and it plays on there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Danski,
Just a thought on this, I stopped by BL today and they had the animated electrical box. It has two flexible "conduit" sections hanging out of the bottom that whip around when activated. If you flip the box upside down and disconnect the speaker, it might work really well for animated tentacles. It's only $16.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks J-man. I went to have a look at those today. Really good movement. Just a bit small for my intended purpose. I've been toying with my own shiatsu tentacles in my garage. I used two jumbo pool noodles and two regular noodles. The paint still needs to be done and suckers put on the smaller one. This will be inside the ship with the arms flailing about. You won't see the shiatsu sitting in the bottom of the ship. Still working things out but it's a start.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added some yellow to the arm today. I used the 10$ airbrush from HF to do it. I have never used one before today. I guess it came out ok. Still figuring out how to use it. I saw that stillbeast studios used it so I figured I needed to add some color so I gave it a try.
image.jpg

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Looks great Danski! Yah, the electrical box idea would be too small for what you are building. I thought you could add your tentacles to the box but it probably wouldn't handle those giant noodles.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'm pretty much done with this. I just need to screw the PVC connections down so it stays in the orientation I need. I might go back and do two large tentacles if I get time. I don't think the kids will be to critical. So I might do two of the jumbo size or add a static jumbo one. I don't know yet. I need to move on to finishing up a bunch of main characters in the display. This was just kind of a last minute thought after I saw how the ship turned out. I think this will go nicely sitting my inside of it. You shouldn't see the shiatsu at all and the arms will just be flailing around. I think it should serve its purpose. Only needs to run for a oh three hours on the night of.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you!! I really appreciate that. I hoping everything turns out ok. I'm doing a pirate of the carribeanish theme for our employee family day at work. Mainly for the kids of the companies employees(and of course a little bit for me) haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts