Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! As some of you may know, I live in an awesome apartment now. Because of this, I am unable to do any major prop building and is driving me nuts!

Would anyone have any links for any smaller props/projects I could create that don't take up much space? If I have to I'll corpse in my bathtub lol!!! :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
I know what you mean. When I moved to Hawaii for 4 years, I didn't have a garage, I had a carport. All my tools were dismantled and stored for the duration. Sorry, I don't have links, but a few ideas...
- PVC Candles
- Ping pong ball eyeballs (with attached retinal cord)
- Paper mache pumpkins, cats, skulls
- Lanterns with lights
- Draw a plan for your new haunt and post it here!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Isn't that why they put bathtubs in apartments, Mistress? lol.

Painting on rolls of paper for backdrops is quiet, you could do it at the kitchen table (or floor) and can give a awesome effects in a Haunt. My favorite place to get inspired is monsterlist.com, there's alot of ideas big and small.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've been blessed with space for building but if I was confined to just in the house I have 2 things that come to mind....1- Hot Wire Foam tools- Build your very own Lemax Spooky Town out of foam...I'm going to do this one of these years for sure! AND 2- papier mache - STOLLOWEEN
You could spend hours upon hours doing this stuff and you can do it inside...Just lay down a piece of cardboard and go to town!...You can also listen to Rotting Flesh Radio,Hauntcast and if you like Ghost Hunters-Beyond Reality Radio w/Jason and Grant...They don't do that one anymore but the other 2 are going strong!...Listening to those shows while working on props makes it an even more enjoyable experience!....Good Luck...ZR

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Mistress, any chance you can do a thin facade on the front of your apartment? I've been working with styrofoam lately and I think my facade pieces are really coming out great. The nice thing is the styro is really easy to cut, and it's very, very light. All you need is creativity, some paint, and a box cutter.

Here's a pic of the "Slaughtered Lamb" facade I'm currently working on. And a link to the thread.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Good idea for your bathtub. You can make all kinds of smaller props. Like corpses. And pumpkins. spellbooks, skulls...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts