Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Okay so i want to have a halloween party, and its going to be in this big hall so theres room.

I want it to be awesome but i need some ideas.

1. i am going to put a ladder over the door for when they walk in
2. i am going to have a black cat run across when someone walks in
3. i want to turn off the lights in the middle of the party and then when i turn them back on i want there to be people in costumes staring at people =]

name some more please
or help me find a website of some sort

thank you !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far i have nothing =/

this is the first time we have even tried to have one.
thats why i am starting early.

i need some kind of help ha
cause i have no idea what im doing!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
When you say a cat, you mean a real one? How exactly are you going to get it to do that every time? Just curious, i couldn't imagine pulling it off and i've been doing this stuff for a few years now.

The lights off people in costumes trick, as long as you've enough ppl to volunteer to do it, but not be at the party, or do both, then fair enough.

The ladder thing could be dangerous, normally i'm one to think others are being over-protective about stuff, but just seems like something could easily go wrong there.

Sounds like your trying to plan really big scale things, which is fine, just wanna make sure your thinking of the little things first, like decorations and music, simple stuff, without that, any of the big things won't really help.

Like you say if this is your first make sure your not getting in over your head, maybe your not but i didn't get much info from your post.

·
crossfit zombie
7,515 Posts
When we had ours at a big hall.I had it set up like this I had streamer cutains as you entered with bats on them .I had a buffet table covered with table cloths and bloody creepy cloth on top.I had matching plates .napkins and halloween themed straws and I bought spooky goblets for drinks ffom oriental trading.I had purchased a bloody fountain from spencers and had punch in it.I bought the usual food trays in halloween themes.The hall had ceiling fans so I attached ghouls so they were spinning.The eating tables had light up tombstones(walmart-don't carry them anymore).I had peanuts in a smaller goblet that oriental trading carried.I also had a bloody creppy cloth as a aisle runner for my vampire wedding in the front of the dance hall with various tombstones displayed.
Now I have it at my house and use a cardboard coffin to hold the food-I have bought scene setters to attach to the walls-I am having my mt dew surprise in a pucking witch-Alot of light up/glow item including ballons/cutlery/glasses/icecubes/bowls/straws.I am going to put jello shots in syringes in my head ice bucket .I will have various props and halloween lights also added to the decor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shots fer your party!

A great one is the BRAIN HEMMORAGE!! In a shot glass pour peach schnapps a little over half an ounce...then pour a small amount of darby's Irish cream or baily's Irish cream in to the middle of the shot glass..the cream should ball up in the middle of the shot glass....then add a splash of grenadine..

Why use this shot? 1. It looks gross!
2. the texture is gross!
3. doesn't taste bad
4. good for those who don't "do shooters"
5. you can have one and not ruin your night!!

Get 'er into ya!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds like you have the beginnings of a Superstitions & Phobias party theme.
Don't forget: the open umbrellas inside,(found at the Dollar Tree, $1 ea) a spider room or area, rats, bats, & bugs. Many of these things can be done cheaply. To help cut costs, would suggest a potluck supper. Then no one gets stuck with the entire bill for food & drinks. You provide the basics to get it started- example: Chili & ham sandwiches on buns, chips, & some drinks (both soft drinks & bottled or caned beer). Don't forget to have a list of food suggestions to bring. Because they will be asking what to bring. And you don't want 20 bags of chips. Some hot dishes, casseroles, pizza, or lasanga, popcorn, pies or cakes, & cookies, are all good suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts