Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Walmart.com and I am disgusted that I saw several of Halloween merchandise have gone the prices up every week getting closer to Halloween. Now I wont be shopping from them anymore because that ridiculous prices. I noticed that Airblown Turkey from original cost was $38.00 and last week went up to $49.00 and NOW TODAY IS $56.00 dollars!!!!! :mad: See how Walmart are becoming GREEDY right now!! I think that one good reasons Walmart should stop selling Halloween anymore!! I would go to other stores where I can buy Halloween at reasonable steady prices! I would like to hear from your opinion from you guys!! :) I love this forum and helps each other out! :) Im glad I signed up!!

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Yep....they are in the middle of major changes. Soon they will be doing a lot of remodeling, and now they have new standards and policies. My mom works for Wal-mart. The way she talks looks like this is gonna happen nationwide.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Here's the thing. You go into Kmart, and one week they have 25% off of Halloween stuff, and the next week they have zippo on sale. Wal-Mart doesn't really have sales, so I guess you can say when it wasn't on sale, it was really like a sale, and now it's not on sale.

You know what's ironic though? This isn't even Halloween. So, you are saying they are greedy because it's closer to Halloween, but this is a Thanksgiving thing really. That $38 could have been last year's price, and it went up for this year to $56 because it says in the reviews, they had it before. They had this thing in 2007. Was the original you are talking about in 2007 as the original price for $38?

·
Registered
415 Posts
actually whats funny is i have the exact turkey she is talking about...before "THANKSGIVING" price was like 50 i bought him for 14.00 and hes well over 7 foot tall..and def worth it..btw he was bought at WAL-MART

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the thing. You go into Kmart, and one week they have 25% off of Halloween stuff, and the next week they have zippo on sale. Wal-Mart doesn't really have sales, so I guess you can say when it wasn't on sale, it was really like a sale, and now it's not on sale.

You know what's ironic though? This isn't even Halloween. So, you are saying they are greedy because it's closer to Halloween, but this is a Thanksgiving thing really. That $38 could have been last year's price, and it went up for this year to $56 because it says in the reviews, they had it before. They had this thing in 2007. Was the original you are talking about in 2007 as the original price for $38?
I look at Walmart sometimes everyday online and I have noticed that turkey been changing prices every week! I am not talking about last year or two. I am speaking of THIS YEAR they have been changing prices every week from the lowest prices to high prices. It is crazy!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's just plain madness. I'd boycott Wal-Mart if they weren't the only place in town to get supplies. The nearest K-Mart, Walgreens, etc. is at least 45 minutes away.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
I look at Walmart sometimes everyday online and I have noticed that turkey been changing prices every week! I am not talking about last year or two. I am speaking of THIS YEAR they have been changing prices every week from the lowest prices to high prices. It is crazy!!
Why didn't you buy your turkey when it was $38?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep....they are in the middle of major changes. Soon they will be doing a lot of remodeling, and now they have new standards and policies. My mom works for Wal-mart. The way she talks looks like this is gonna happen nationwide.
Yeah...my wife works there as well and says the same thing.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
I have the turkey and it is 3ft tall but I don't own the 6ft tall turkey. But I was thinking getting one but change my mind. The others Halloween props have gone up too!
Actually some have gone down like the skeleton in a cage with microphone and the life-sized butler all the rest haved stayed the same.

·
Registered
638 Posts
dont know about the rest of you, but the wally-worlds up here have had HORRIBLE selections of halloween stuff this year. one of the stores is in complete dissarray, and the other justdoesnt have squat. Im used to three or foud islesof stuff, now its only the back side of one isle. to H-E-double hockey sticks with WAL-MART.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ah, Wal-mart...
My brother has a speech about them...I can set my watch to it.
The punch line, (nine minutes later) is..."Not just forced labor...not just political prisoner labor, not just child labor but forced political prisoner child labor".
So when I wanted to REALLY get his goat, I told him that when I retire I was going to go to work for them as a greeter.
He just LOOKED at me heartbroken and said;"Tor...no..."
Then I SHOWED him what I was going to DO:"Welcome to Wal-mart" Grabbed my crotch, and made a horn sound with my mouth
"Welcome to Wal-Mart" Made an obscene gesture with my hand.
"I'll only last a few hours before I am reported, but it would be WORTH it.."
"No..." he replied."Remember which CITY this is...EVERYONE does that when they greet each other here...no one would think differently of it."
I was on the floor laughing..
But cheap? Yes. Greedy. You bet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts