Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around the web to find best prices but I have 2 questions for you all:
Where can I get the best price on Bucky's and the best price for FCG motors 5 RPM & 7 RPM's. It looks like motor warehouse is the best price, but is there any better? Also are there any alts? ( wiper motors, etc...)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Z - If you're willing to hunt a bit, you can find old rotisserie motors at yard sales and thrift stores. No guarantees, but I've found both corded and battery operated ones that worked fine at great prices...Not sure what the RPM ison either, but they go nice and slow...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've found that the newer rotisserie motors have more "slop" in the gears and will cause the FCG to drop a couple of inches suddenly at times... Also every time they are stopped (no matter what the reason) when started again they go in the opposite direction that they had been turning.. That's not always a problem but could be depending on what you use them for..
The older rotisserie motors that I have do not have those problems but most are quite noisy.
Both new and old are a good speed for the FCGs

mrskeleton has a group buy special price $69 plus shipping for Facebook members.. He needs at least 50 orders for the group buy.. This is the cheapest I've seen for #4 Buckys

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
How does that group buy on facebook work????
I read a post clicked on it and it said I should send a request to be a friend.
Did that. but now what???

·
Registered
48 Posts
iceman.. I take it you have a facebook account now, right. What is your facebook name? I'll add you to my "friends" list.
After that you can go to mrskeleton.com and see what he's got going for the exclusive group buy....

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oops sorry about that Xpendable... The $69 price was in answer to the least expensive
Buckys part of Zacharybinx's post... I guess I didn't make that all that clear. DUH
The fingers got in gear ahead of the old brain.....

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also used a BBQ motor first on my fcg and had the same results of it stoping and going the other direction. I would say not to use one.

I got my motor from Grainger here local. You have to be a business to shop there which I'm not but I did find out you can make one purchase as just an avg Joe off the street. They take you name and stuff so you can do it again but I only need that one motor so it worked out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best price FCG motor

$69 plus shipping for a rotisserie motor? Ouch... that seems really expensive to me. I bought a 5 RPM AC motor last year for $50 from Monster Guts that is way better than any rotisserie.

Edit: Here's the link:
Electric Motors for Props - FCG Motor - Halloween Prop Building Supplies For The Home Haunter - Monster Guts

I highly recommend these if you are going to build a FCG. Super powerful, perfect speed, and quiet.
So I looked and thanks for the link but after much determination to find the absolute lowest price I found a site called KVM Tools (kvmtools.us) #3M096. Its the 6.9 RPM Dayton motor. $43.00! I think that $69 for a Bucky is the best I'v seen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts