Halloween Forum banner

Im bummed my halloween stuff is gone

1735 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Bruja
So I had a series of bad luck but long story short I have to start all over On all my halloween stuff I don't have anything anymore I am so bummed out But looking forward to getting new stuff but still
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Reaper Queen
9,134 Posts
Bruja, I am sorry to hear of youor trubles, and the loss of your halloween,what a shame!
the good thing about starting now is hitting garage sales, and thrift stores, and getting things to make your own props and items,, hopefully for a small price(the way I like it best!)

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,080 Posts
Bruja,
So sorry to hear that you have been a victim of these very hard and uncertain times that we all face.
It is very difficult to know what to say when somebody has lost something of sentimental value. Yes, the Halloween props can be rebuilt bigger and better and hopefully things are looking up for you a little now so you can hit those garage and yard sales..All very positive comments from the good people here and it is very important to remain positive, and although it's difficult to see at the time, It can often be the catalyst for a fresh start on many levels.

The sentimental items are a different matter and are probably irreplaceable, I have 2 small christmas tree decorations that were hand made by my Great Grandmother in 1902. they are tiny and threadbare..but totally priceless to me. I would be devastated if I ever lost them, so You have my deepest sympathy in this respect.

I am probably too far away to be able to contribute any props to "kick start" your Halloween this year, but I think somebody earlier in the thread mentioned starting a help fund or something along those lines. If this is up and running and somebody could pm me the details, I would be more than happy to make a contribution.

Wishing you luck for the future.

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Bruja,

I just wanted to say that I understand completely. I went thru the same thing. My ex-wife had enough of my Halloween perversions and decided she wanted a divorce. I had just got contacted from HGTV about putting me on a Halloween show they were having and my ex didn’t want any part of it. A couple of months later she wanted a divorce. When I left she threw out most of my Halloweens stuff, including my crypt and the new stirring witch I was making.

But like you I am moving forward. I finally bought a house and I ready to start making stuff again. But it is slow moving since I don’t have a lot of tools. But like you I am moving forward.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bruja, I am sorry to hear of youor trubles, and the loss of your halloween,what a shame!
the good thing about starting now is hitting garage sales, and thrift stores, and getting things to make your own props and items,, hopefully for a small price(the way I like it best!)
Thank You... yes I am already starting to look at craigslist and thrift stores and saw the post on dollar tree finds so that is exciting and I have never had an issue with cheap :D

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Bruja,
So sorry to hear that you have been a victim of these very hard and uncertain times that we all face.
It is very difficult to know what to say when somebody has lost something of sentimental value. Yes, the Halloween props can be rebuilt bigger and better and hopefully things are looking up for you a little now so you can hit those garage and yard sales..All very positive comments from the good people here and it is very important to remain positive, and although it's difficult to see at the time, It can often be the catalyst for a fresh start on many levels.

The sentimental items are a different matter and are probably irreplaceable, I have 2 small christmas tree decorations that were hand made by my Great Grandmother in 1902. they are tiny and threadbare..but totally priceless to me. I would be devastated if I ever lost them, so You have my deepest sympathy in this respect.

I am probably too far away to be able to contribute any props to "kick start" your Halloween this year, but I think somebody earlier in the thread mentioned starting a help fund or something along those lines. If this is up and running and somebody could pm me the details, I would be more than happy to make a contribution.

Wishing you luck for the future.
Thank you so much yeah loosing the sentimental stuff is what effected me the most I had something from my great grandmother in my christmas stuff and something from my mother in my halloween but im actually doing better then I thought I would be doing. Things happen I know there are tons have people who have lost more then me. And like everyone has said to me and I really appreciate it now is a great time to move on and rebuild and thank you for the offer of contributing that was a very nice offer

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bruja,

I just wanted to say that I understand completely. I went thru the same thing. My ex-wife had enough of my Halloween perversions and decided she wanted a divorce. I had just got contacted from HGTV about putting me on a Halloween show they were having and my ex didn’t want any part of it. A couple of months later she wanted a divorce. When I left she threw out most of my Halloweens stuff, including my crypt and the new stirring witch I was making.

But like you I am moving forward. I finally bought a house and I ready to start making stuff again. But it is slow moving since I don’t have a lot of tools. But like you I am moving forward.
Death Touch, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you I wish you all the best of luck in your moving forward good job keeping with it and not letting her destroy your halloween spirit

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.