Halloween Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Well, I am so glad that I didn't call Halloween off. It was pretty touch and go for a while. This past week has been an absolute whirlwind of ups and downs. From props being batted about and broken by winds, to snow and sub-zero temps. Mother Nature was really doing her best to make this a miserable Halloween. Well despite her nastiness we still ended up with 262 TOTs, which was up around a dozen from last year. We didn't see to many of the littler TOTs and I'm sure that was due to it being around 20 degrees while the TOTs were out. There were several warm places that were better suited for the littler ones to go and have a fun Halloween, that there was no need to risk them getting sick.

My house is still one of the coolest houses in town even with things partially buried in snow an not being able to put everything out that I wanted to because of the snow and wind. A friend told me that I had the "Coolest witches in town".

I hope all of you who have been having weather issues still had a pretty decent Halloween.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s not easy when you have elaborate decorations that require constant maintenance. Mine is not as intricate as some of the members on this forum. I do it all myself, and setup/breakdown takes 1 or 2 days. After storms, there is always repair work to be done. I can’t imagine extreme weather situations. I commend you on being able to put anything out of the weather is bad. My advice is to do what you can handle. Don’t burn yourself out.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts