Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Growing up, I loved watching the Twilight Zone, especially the horror episodes with a dramatic twist at the end. When I first got into reading horror fiction, I found H.P. Lovecraft's work to be terrifying, thrilling, and enthralling. Now, I'm trying to make it as a professional author and I wrote a collection of short, existential horror stories inspired by the Twilight Zone and H.P. Lovecraft. It's called, "Burn: Stories."

If you want to check it out, I'm giving it away for free on my website in exchange for an email address which I'll use to send you more short horror stories every month. Learn more at my website: jamesgboswell.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Officer Brigitte McCray led the small, pale woman into the interrogation room. She pulled out a chair for her at the table, then sat down on the other side. She used a pen to write the woman’s name, Allison Derby, and her address on a notepad. Then, with a blank look on her face, she said, “Tell me again why you’re here.”

“I killed three people and I’m afraid I’ll kill again. You need to arrest me right now,” Allison said.

Read the whole story here: http://jamesgboswell.com/why-cant-you-see-them/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pedro Oliveira circled a spot on the map that lay unfolded on the table before him. A thin film of sweat shined upon his forehead. Dust motes floated in the light that beamed through the hut's wooden shutters.

He tapped his pen in the circle as he looked at Isabella Silva and said, "Here's the place, Professor Silva. The last known location of the Apuelito tribe. It's a month's journey from here through the jungle on foot, but you shouldn't go there. No one should. It's too dangerous."

Isabella said, "Thank you, Mr. Oliveira. I appreciate your concern, but I've been searching for this lost rainforest tribe for many years. I'm too close now to give up. Besides, I've been on a half-dozen expeditions through the jungle, the last two of them by myself. I think I'll be fine."

Read the whole story here: http://jamesgboswell.com/2019/10/the-tree-of-death/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts