Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said on previous post, been trying to get some props done over the weekend for our Haunted House/Ghost Train for our Carnival this year, so made the Grandfather clock as in previous post and also made this Illuminated Ghost Bride. The kids are off school in the UK at the moment for the summer holidays, so what better why to entertain my 15 year old Daughter than to wrap her in numerous rolls of sellotape!:) I basically used the top half of her body and arms and wrapped them in numerous rolls of sellotape when this was thick enough I cut it off from the back then taped it back together to create the torso shape. The head was done the same way but clearly not on my Daughter...using a foam head that was then attached the body and fixed to garden cane which I also wrapped in tape to hide the colour. I made a large skirt from layers of plastic that my mum's new fridge was wrapped in and shredded it to look old and added a veil. I have fixed led lights inside that slowly fade on and off so looks great in the dark. I have added a dead flowers headpiece and bouquet. Don't think it looks too bad for several rolls of sellotape:) As usual any comments for improvement greatly appreciated:) I have tried to take the pics as best as I can but difficult with her been see through, I have included a video in the dark, I apologise that it has turned on it's side, don't why it's done that but you can still see the effect

S6303012.jpg S6303014.jpg S6303015.jpg

S6303011.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like this technique, not seen a bride done like this before, but it looks really effective. Have you a shot of her lit up? This is something I am hoping to try this year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, if you click on the link next to the last pic there is a video, I apologise it is on a side don't know why it has done that and won't allow me to change it

·
black light queen
2,608 Posts
luv her ... especially how 3d she looks as you change the angle that you're filming at ... would luv to see her in the dark, hanging from a tree or something so that a breeze pushes/moves her around

i've been meaning to make some of these ... maybe you've just pushed me over the edge and now i have to make some :)

amk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments, she does look really creepy in the dark the video doesn't really do her justice. I haven't quite decided exactly where she is going to go yet, as the weather in the UK is usual terrible on Halloween, so tend have to bring everything inside:( Give it a go and get taping...takes a bit of time but worth the effort, as I said in my post it's great for keeping kids under control using them as models (only joking:D)

·
Registered
4 Posts
She looks awesome, love her

Reactions: Sharonr3106
1 - 10 of 10 Posts