Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
My parents have a real stone. It was part of an old sidewalk in back of their house. When they renovated in the late 80s, they flipped the sidewalk stones, and- the horror!- a gravestone! We began wondering if someone was buried on the property, but come to find out it was an old stone that had been replaced with a new maker in a local cemetery.

We always wanted to use it in our haunt, but didn't because a) it seemed in bad taste and b) it weighed a TON and would be hard to move or place in a yard.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I actually asked about the broken headstones at Grace Monuments here in Ottawa. The woman said they didn't have a problem with me taken a broken one (that got damaged during transit or carving) but they weight several hundred pounds so it would be too hard for me to transport it, set it up, then take it down and store it. Sigh..she is right....

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I actually asked about the broken headstones at Grace Monuments here in Ottawa. The woman said they didn't have a problem with me taken a broken one (that got damaged during transit or carving) but they weight several hundred pounds so it would be too hard for me to transport it, set it up, then take it down and store it. Sigh..she is right....
You should get a collection of them and just leave them up in your yard ALL year long! Think the neighbours would mind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts