Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you do it? I know that there quite a few people on here that can create some rather amazing pieces of art with their bare hands. I am looking to you for guidance. Basically i am going to go as leatherface for halloween this year. With money tighter than last year I'd hate to spend anymore than i have to on a costume. My only problem is that i have a strict philosophy, If doesn't impress me its not going out in public. So needless to say i find myself looking for absolute perfection. More cases than not perfection costs money. So you see this viscous circle i am in.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Back in my youth (way before you could purchase Leatherface masks) I took a cheap latex halloween mask that looked relatively human and cut out the face. I enlarged the eye and mouth holes so more of the wearer's features could be seen, bloodied it up a bit and attached cords so it could be tied around the head. A cheap black wig completed the look.

My Dad wore it to a halloween party, along with a bloodied apron and chainsaw, and took first place in the costume contest. And it was a CHURCH party, believe it or not!

-Fetch-

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would start with an old purse made of eelskin and go from there. Eelskins are small and so they are seamed into a kind of patchwork and I has a soft smooth texture that I would imagine to be like cured human skin (well, I can only imagine)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts