Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you use kit 74 and lights to do your pumpkins would it be possible to share some of your routines. I'm working on some now, but the process is quite long and it would be good if we cool pool our ressources together.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can send you my routine. It is just about finished. I have 9 different routines at various stages.

Just let me know where to send them. Anything for a fellow Canadian!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you using all 8 outputs for pumpkins? I have a few that are nearly done, but I only use 4 pumpkins and the rest of the outputs are for flood/string lights. I will have a routine done for This is Halloween (Manson), Everyday is Halloween (Ministry), Ghost Town (The Specials).

·
Registered
13 Posts
This last weekend I pulled the old Gateway computer out of the closet turned it on and no hard drive running. I had Zeenon’s program for my singing pumpkins and the VSA software for “This is Halloween” song. I thought I had backed up on the home computer, but no such luck.

Did some searches have not found the program anywhere. Does any body have a copy?
Thanks in advance, Kingseeker

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can send you my routine. It is just about finished. I have 9 different routines at various stages.

Just let me know where to send them. Anything for a fellow Canadian!!
Hi Willise, I know I'm not a fellow Canadian, but I am technologically challenged :) Is there any way that I can also get a copy of the routines? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you using all 8 outputs for pumpkins? I have a few that are nearly done, but I only use 4 pumpkins and the rest of the outputs are for flood/string lights. I will have a routine done for This is Halloween (Manson), Everyday is Halloween (Ministry), Ghost Town (The Specials).
Nice to see the inclusion of some old Ministry and Specials.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VinceB, Could I get a copy of your 4 pumpkin routine. I was going to try to get a 4 pumpkin routine together for this year, but other projects have taken more time than expected. I have the pumpkins, kit74 board and power supply, just not the time. I haven't purchased software yet but was planning on buying VSA. What software did you create your routines in? Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
VinceB, Could I get a copy of your 4 pumpkin routine. I was going to try to get a 4 pumpkin routine together for this year, but other projects have taken more time than expected. I have the pumpkins, kit74 board and power supply, just not the time. I haven't purchased software yet but was planning on buying VSA. What software did you create your routines in? Thanks.
I am using Vixen. Give me a few more days to clean some things up and I will get copies out to everyone that asked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As said in previous post I lost all the singing pumpkins software and program due to old computer failure. I’m got some work travels that has my prep time to a minimum, if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Kingseeker.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have multiple VSA routines I have started to work on. The basic backbone is there but minor adjustments need to be made. Alone I probably wonèt be able to finish them in time for Halloween, I am too busy with school, but if everyone picks one and fixes that one up, we can pool them together and have multiple routines done in time for halloween. PM me if you are interested, I do not have the file with me now, but some of the songs I have done are double trouble from Harry Potter, I put a spell on you from hocus pocus, Addams family theme and a few others that I ca not recall, I have many songs that I wanted to do and am not sure which one I chose it was a while ago. Thanks guys

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also didn't mention that there is a Free software that lets you shuffle through VSA routines so that you can have a playlist and play multiple files.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, so I was able to finish the Addamès family theme and God Rest Ye merry Gentlemen last night, I was working on them late so I might have tricked myself into thinking they were good. Can anyone take a look at them and tell me what they think. I realized that one of the major problems was I was leaving the lights on too long, so I shortened all my cues and now they are starting to look good. I will work on some more tonight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if anyone has vsa plus sounds for a 8 pumpkin setup i am in need, i redid my home pc without getting the copy i used last year any help with routines would be high appreciated [email protected] mchsi.com if you need a email

·
Registered
44 Posts
if anyone has vsa plus sounds for a 8 pumpkin setup i am in need, i redid my home pc without getting the copy i used last year any help with routines would be high appreciated [email protected] mchsi.com if you need a email

I did an 8 pumpkin setup in 2007 using VSA and an SSC-32 to power LEDs (3 different colors for each pumpkin; 24 channels total). I still have the routines, but don't know how well they will work with a Kit-74 single channel/pumpkin setup. I'm sure they could be tweaked.

My program consisted of various songs and poems in the spirit of the occasion:

"Dark Dark" (poem)
"Headless Horseman" (Thurl Ravenscroft version - my favorite)
"A Goblin Lives in Our House" Poem
"The Ghost of John" Poem set to music as a round
"Be Good, Be Good" sung by Thurl R. and the Mellomen
"My Darlin' Clementine" Thurl again. (Great voice for a pumpkin). If you listen to the lyrics, they're a kind of creepy.

I used a simple .bat script to cycle through the programed routines.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts