Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowes has what amounts to a blue fire and ice led spotlight in their Christmas lights section and Walmart is selling Amber lights in theirs. Also saw black Christmas tree at Walmart too

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I don't mind because there are so many cross-over items like those. :D Yard stakes for spot lights, dusk to dawn solar outlet stakes, foot-pedal switches, the little C9 plugs for blow molds, electric candles...the list goes on and on, doesn't it?

I've had my eye on the multi-colored fire and ice light that Lowes is carrying in their Halloween section. I'm wondering if it's akin to a color wheel sort of thing, and if it would look cool throwing various colors around a Halloween display, or if it would really look better at Christmas time. Honestly, if it looks good for Halloween, I'd use it for both, even though it really screams "Christmas" at me.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I'm wondering about that light at Lowe's as well LairMistress. I want a fire and ice light but I really want the green one from Spirit so I keep looking for something similare because we didn't get a Spirit this year. The one at Lowes looks almost like pastel colors to me, I would love to see it set up so I could judge it better.
My Lowes didn't have any Christmas set up so I didn't get to see the blue one, my daughter is making me do a Frozen themed Christmas so the blue one sounded good for that.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It honestly doesn't bother me. I mean I want Halloween stuff to be out a couple/few months in advance, after all. ;)

I totally get that people need to spread their Christmas shopping over a period of months since it ends up being such an expensive holiday for many people. Doesn't disturb me - enjoy the holidays, all of them!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
If I can find one at our store on Friday, I'm picking one up. If it doesn't look good for Halloween, I will still use it for Christmas. :) I will do my best to get a video of it.

The blue does sound good for Frozen!

I'm wondering about that light at Lowe's as well LairMistress. I want a fire and ice light but I really want the green one from Spirit so I keep looking for something similare because we didn't get a Spirit this year. The one at Lowes looks almost like pastel colors to me, I would love to see it set up so I could judge it better.
My Lowes didn't have any Christmas set up so I didn't get to see the blue one, my daughter is making me do a Frozen themed Christmas so the blue one sounded good for that.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am always glad to see decorations for both seasons in the stores. I am in a very rural area in the northern part of the province and I may only get a couple chances to get out of town to shop before the winter roads get to scary to travel and I have to try to do as much "gathering" as I can in one trip.

Marie

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I did get one, but I bought the multi colored one. I'll try to get a video of it and post it. I almost talked myself out of it because they had their display set up poorly. It looked like it barely put out any light.

I bought it anyway, to give it a shot. It looks great in the house, but i haven't tried it outside, yet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought the Fire and Ice multicolor from Lowes earlier today. Here'a really quick video of it on the house. It's about 25 feet or so from the house. Just thought this might help someone.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Thanks lairmistress and amyml ! that really helps me make a decision. do either of you remember if the multi color is the only color fire and ice Lowes had?

·
Registered
322 Posts
My Lowes had the blue one and the red and green one in their Christmas section. The multicolor was in the Halloween stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts