Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to list your Halloween Inventory (items you own and have stored), how close to complete would your list be?
I'm trying to recall what items I ACTUALLY bought on 11/1/14, vs what I had lusted over. I know of items I DON'T own and I know of items I DO own, but there is a lot of I'm not sure of items!
SO if I sat down with a spread sheet and working from memory only, no pictures of past haunts,, I'm not sure if I could hit the 50% mark.
This leads me to think I need an inventory system or a reduction sale. http://www.halloweenforum.com/images/icons/icon7.png

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So funny to read this right now. I am too lazy to delete mail and was just going through Grandin Road orders and prices from years back trying to check to see what I paid for an item. On one of the orders I saw 2 mummy hands. What's so funny is I thought about purchasing the animated mummy hands they sold on their site last year. Good thing I didn't, somewhere I must already have 2. LOL So I'm thinking my list by memory would be far lower than 50%.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I started thinking about this, and felt like I was well over 50%. Then I remembered the big bags of early November clearance stuff I picked up last year. I can't recall any of the specifics from those bags. I should be in for a nice surprise in the next couple weeks as I pull everything out of storage. :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have one big storage room for 90% of my stuff. My Spooky town stays out all year and some really large pieces store in my cellar. I wish I were more organized- but mostly,
I just work my way through the stuff each year. Luckily, clearance items bought the previous year are always on top. So the inventory "system" is the classic LIFO.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Whatever I buy clearanced the year before is usually all I get out(because it's closest to the front) and I buy new each year for indoor decor. I think I know what all I own but some things have never seen the light of day once they hit my spare bedroom. I can only open the door about a foot and toss new stuff in. It is literally like a hoarders show :)
I want to take it out all onto the lawn like you see in those shows and organize but am terrified of the spiders /ants/earwigs that will crawl into my things and be brought back into the house.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Deadna-Home defense spray for your yard, next day put your things out there,this should solve most of this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts