Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
No, I have to put it all away every year. I get very claustrophobic with all the decor after a while. I need to be able to clear it all out and have "breathing room" again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I don't have a lot of storage at my house so a lot of my Halloween stuff just winds up in my bedroom during the off-season; hanging from the ceiling, propped up on walls, stuffed in the closet, and stuff like that. And my room always feels strangely empty and weird when I move it all out for the season.

Odd to say, but I have a harder time sleeping when all the skeletons, cadavers, and ghosts *aren't* in my room!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I always leave one or two things out. I like to leave my really expensive little things out that are collector items or vintage. :) I have a pumpkin head man with a trick or treat pail I leave out. :)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I'm a person that likes change. So probably not year round. Spookytown is another storie.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think about halloween year-round and talk about it a lot, but I think the wife would have a fit if it were up all year. Actually the house is mine from August through Halloween. She gets it for November and December for Christmas.

That being said I do get a thrill when I finally get to put out my displays. I'm not sure I would get the same buzz if it were up all year.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Glad to see we're not the only family that has Hallowe'en stuff in the house all year long. In our case, it's limited to just a black bat hanging from the ceiling, a few glow-in-the-dark stars, a Haunted Portrait and a set of Dracula/Frankenstein/Wolfman busts. In the Workshop I have a few large items out all year.

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
I would love to leave all my favorites up all year long! I currently leave my animated Jason up all year long in my Lakers game room. I just remove the knife so I dont get smacked by it anymore... lol!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I leave some things up like the haunted portraits my GF made, but most of it comes down and goes into one of the unused rooms in the house or in the basement. The trick is explaining it to the cable guy or the electrician when they are in the house and see skellys, gravestones, and coffins everywhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
...would you feel right at home and that they were just as special, or would you prefer to have the certain couple or few months to look forward to?
I guess it depends on the person. I have so much i keep some packed away but other things that are really fragile stay out year round for fear of getting broken. I want to transform my bathroom into a Halloween bathroom. Working out the specifics now LOL

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Holy LORD. Wolfbeard, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Do you and your wife ever place hands or a leg coming outta that sucker?

So, looks like the general consensus so far is to have a few reminders out year round and be able to look forward to the lock, stock and barrel at the right time. Me too. I do wish I could keep a couple pieces of my village out year round, but will definitely settle for our china cabinet-which I have hijacked by boxing up the china and placing all my horror novels, potion bottles, mini tombstones, monster collection and purple lights inside. That thing has never looked better.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Holy LORD. Wolfbeard, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Do you and your wife ever place hands or a leg coming outta that sucker?

So, looks like the general consensus so far is to have a few reminders out year round and be able to look forward to the lock, stock and barrel at the right time. Me too. I do wish I could keep a couple pieces of my village out year round, but will definitely settle for our china cabinet-which I have hijacked by boxing up the china and placing all my horror novels, potion bottles, mini tombstones, monster collection and purple lights inside. That thing has never looked better.
Thanks Laurie.

The coffin table also serves haunt needs. I can fit my 6'4" frame into it comfortably and we do have the occasional zombie pop out of it for our Halloween parties:

Eric

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
As much as I love all the decorations for both holidays, I'm also glad to have my house back to normal & less crowded w/holiday stuff.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really enjoy the excitement right around August/September/October when I dig all my Halloween stuff out from under the stairs and look through it to see what I bought on clearance last year or trying to find just the right place for something. I get down right giddy over it! I have started to feel that excitement again just in the last week or 2. I like my "normal" home decor too, so for me my Halloween decorations come out only at Halloween except for maybe 1 or 2 small pieces that are on my desk.

Leaving it up all year would be fun too, but I'm afraid I wouldn't feel that child-like excitement about Halloween anymore!
I agree with this post as well. If I left out my decorations all year, I don't think I'd have as much to look forward to. And looking forward to Halloween is half the fun for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
this is may 1st halloween in my 1st home. i have some halloween decor out year round, etc. skulls. some wall hang grim reapers, but things like ghost and pumkins will be put away for next year

·
Appalachian Hex Doctor
575 Posts
There's a thread here about Halloween rooms left up all year and that's as much as I like; one small room with a few choice decorations to keep you in the spirit. I decorated my home for the first time this past year and I'm really looking forward to digging out my after Halloween sale items this year.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I definately prefer taking them down. I love the anticipation of the months going by knowing with each day we are getting closer to Halloween. I also love getting everytihng out and discovering something I forgot that I had. Maybe a great after Halloween find that I bought and packed away immediately, or a great garage sale find I forgot about. Yeah I love the Holiday ....its my absolute favorite...but I am definately all for NOT leaving it up all year. Keeps the excitement going:)

21 - 40 of 87 Posts