Halloween Forum banner

Ideas? Use my dryer as a prop?

Atmosphere Effects: 
872 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lurks in the shadows 
#1 ·
My party is this Saturday. I'm doing all of the preperation at the moment. As I was cleaning my laundry room, which is open to the rest of the house, no doors. I was thinking that I should use it as a prop. I was thinking of putting something in it to make noise during the party or glow in the dark(dryer has a see through front). I can set it to be on and spinning without heat, just cool air. I can also set the drum light to stay on. I know there's got to be a way to utilize the thing. Any interesting ideas??

#2 ·
Go to the pet store and pick up a bumble ball. They are battery operated and use to be for kids but, now are sold for pets. They bounce around and make noise. Put on in the dryer. Keep the light on. If the lid faces up then put on a clingy face on the inside of the glass door. If you have a stuffed animal that hops even better. When the look down it will bounce up at them. lol Just stay way from ceramic, glass, marbles to make noise. I don't think you want to be cleaning broken glass out of it. Let us know what you come up with.

#3 ·
You could put something like a tennis ball in there (just for the thumping action) and then on the front put those static cling red-gel things that look like blood, either a hand print or the dripping blood version. Could look cool.

#4 ·
I wouldn't use the dryer or anything in it to make noise. This is for a party and the noise will just become annoying because it will be constant.

I suggest subtlety. How about placing a mask, a prop body part, or a fairly realistic stuffed animal, near the back of the drum and simply leave the interior light on?
Instead of assaulting their senses, let a curious guest happen upon your surprise.

If the washer and dryer are in an area where guests are likely to gather, you may even want to "hide" the appliances under a thin see-through, or lacey tablecloth. If the light is on, someone will notice and peek inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.