Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw this costume together real quick last year. I want to use pretty much the same things except for a different wig & no hat. Also plan on painting my face a little different.

I need some ideas on how to make it look really scary. Anything you think I can add to it then just let me know please.

Which color wig do you guys think would look the best with the red suit? The red, blue & green are sold out already. Click on the link.

MAKEUP KIT, TEETH, DVD & WIGS

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
To me, the socks on your arms make the costume less scary. Perhaps a long-sleeved black shirt, or a white one with "blood" on it and white clown gloves (dirty and bloody). For a wig, nothing says scary clown to me like that awful orange. Maybe tease it out to be real fluffy. A dirty/torn/bloody ugly tie or bow could be added.
Great job on the makeup - your mouth is especially creepy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll get rid of the socks & get a white long sleeve shirt with some blood over it. Will also get the gloves too. How would a butchers apron with blood work with this costume?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think you need to carry a giant syringe nothing creepier than a clown trying to give a big shot... lol and needles creep most people out all by themselves..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know about the blood on the face...it might detract a little from the makeup job. The face is scary is it is, and I don't know if blood on your face would help it.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Blood is not the automatic scary factor.
Keep the arm socks, don't detract from the clown image.

I'd stay as clowny as you want, but have a potato sack stuffed with paper and foam and a recorder playing a child's voice screaming and wailing for mommy.

Just carry it over your shoulder and pretend you don't hear anything.
Wear a tool belt, and load it down with duct tape, rope, knives and large lollipops.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts

I'd stay as clowny as you want, but have a potato sack stuffed with paper and foam and a recorder playing a child's voice screaming and wailing for mommy.

Wear a tool belt, and load it down with duct tape, rope, knives and large lollipops.
Ok Spats thats just creepy!!:)

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I'll leave that to someone else. You seem to want a graphic, over the top look, not creepy or disturbing (which is great, by the way, it's a fun look) but it's not my style of scary.
I don't wanna give advice in a style I don't practice.
I'll let someone else field this question.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Or you can just keep it simple...."wife beater" tank top, large clown bow tie, suspenders, dickies pants (dirty/bloody it all up). Dirty up the makeup (Batman and Joker style) and your good to go. Instead of the smile, I always go for the frown and accent a mad eyebrow. Personally I dig the bowler hat, but make it smaller so it doesn't take away from you face makeup. Good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts

By the way Spat...that's just bad azz!!! Love it. I may steal samples of this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.