Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a woods haunt this year and I think I want to do a variety of scenes....something i really want to do is the slingshot apparatus...they sell for like $4,000. An actor jumps and is slingshotted in front of the group walking the path and then he is pulled back onto the platform. IS there anyway I could make this...like attach something to two trees and swing through them. Where could i find bungee cords? Any ideas would be helpful!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I think your bigger problem is where to find someone who is willing to trust a home-built slingshot appartus. Not knocking your engineering/welding/assembly skills, but I'll bet there's a good reason for that $4K price tag.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also when you see these actors they are typically trained stuntmen. This isn't something you should really be trying.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think your bigger problem is where to find someone who is willing to trust a home-built slingshot appartus. Not knocking your engineering/welding/assembly skills, but I'll bet there's a good reason for that $4K price tag.
what he said, you may want to go a different route with maybe a fake body on a coffin popper type mechanism...I know I wouldnt trust a home-built, even if I built it myself...

-dk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't let the haters get you down! You can get 25 feet of bungee here, which should be good for about a 40' jump. Best of all, its got hooks on the end so you can just hook them right to your belt loop. No harness needed!

Good luck!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't let the haters get you down! You can get 25 feet of bungee here, which should be good for about a 40' jump. Best of all, its got hooks on the end so you can just hook them right to your belt loop. No harness needed!

Good luck!
well said! and please don't forget the video camera :D (please be careful!)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would be very careful. Belt loops have a tendency to tear off when pulled on too hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts