Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a woods haunt this year and I think I want to do a variety of scenes....something i really want to do is the slingshot apparatus...they sell for like $4,000. An actor jumps and is slingshotted in front of the group walking the path and then he is pulled back onto the platform. IS there anyway I could make this...like attach something to two trees and swing through them. Where could i find bungee cords? Any ideas would be helpful!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I think your bigger problem is where to find someone who is willing to trust a home-built slingshot appartus. Not knocking your engineering/welding/assembly skills, but I'll bet there's a good reason for that $4K price tag.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think your bigger problem is where to find someone who is willing to trust a home-built slingshot appartus. Not knocking your engineering/welding/assembly skills, but I'll bet there's a good reason for that $4K price tag.
what he said, you may want to go a different route with maybe a fake body on a coffin popper type mechanism...I know I wouldnt trust a home-built, even if I built it myself...

-dk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't let the haters get you down! You can get 25 feet of bungee here, which should be good for about a 40' jump. Best of all, its got hooks on the end so you can just hook them right to your belt loop. No harness needed!

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.