Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you could inspire me. I seem to have come to a complete brick wall idea wise. For Xmas my hubby bought me a 7ft black xmas tree so I could finally have the Halloween Tree I have always wanted :).

Problem is...living in the uk I know I am going to struggle to find things to decorate it with. I am quite happy (in fact prefer) to make things to put on it and I have already started to make some miniture papier machie pumpkins to hang on it, but I have totally drawn a blank now as to what else I could make.
When I went to Clearwater last year I was lucky enough to visit the Christmas Shop and there was the most spectacular tree there but all I can recall was the beautiful spiders webs that covered it, but I can't remember anything else (oh why didn't I take a photo!!!!:()

I still have plenty of time to get making but the question is what???

Please help :eek:

BW
:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I also have a black christmas tree, only mine's like 2ft. I always put orange lights on it, and I use bones for ornaments. Howabout little pumpkin and bones? Spiderweb for garland or accents...and you could put black birds on the branches too. I found you some ornaments here:
Halloween Ornaments, Halloween Tree Ornaments
and Halloween Ornaments, glass, vintage and reproduction
and you could always just use these as a reference. I'm sure they wouldn't be that hard to make. You could find some glass orange chirstmas ornaments and just paint black jackolantern faces on them...

Hope this helped some!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Everything already said is good.

Black Cats, rats, Spooky dolls, spiders, creepy crawly bugs of any kind, minature tombstones, Scary faces.

Some kind of fog machine up the middle - not sure how to accomplish this one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link Samhain...me likey!!!!!! They have some wonderful things, I especially like the tree toppers! Going to spend quite some time going through everything on there!

TK, yes Stolloweens site is fab! That was where I learnt how to make the pumpkins, both large and small. I liked the ornaments but I am trying to find something to use for the foam faces. Over here we don't seem to be able to locate the craft things quite so easily but I would like to try and make some of these too!
BW

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevarstar...that's a good one...miniture tombstones! Of course...why didn't I think of that!
Fantastic! Polystyrene or papier mache...both will work!

Fab

Thanks!

BW

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I didn't notice skulls mentioned. I had a necklace with skulls on it. Pulled the skulls off the chain and added a hanger :)
I'm also ornament challenged living in the netherlands and my secret reaper sent me a cute little halloween tree. Luckily, also ornaments :)

MsM

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
craft & home improvement stores are great source material places, to make your own stuff. Skulls, brains, & severed body parts are great too. Don't forget to light the tree with either orange or purple string of lights. Flicker flame string of lights or even battery mini flicker flame candles are other options. Instead of the stretchable spider webbing, could use shreaded cheese cloth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts